Miss Ink Stamps - Watercolored Fall Wreath

mercredi 4 septembre 2019

Hi there,

I'm back with a beautiful fall wreath showcasing the Springtime banner stamp set by Miss Ink Stamps. This set is perfect for each season, the only thing to do is to change the colors.


To start, I stamped a lot of leaves and flowers on Strathmore bristol cardstock using Potting Soil ink by Ranger. I chose this water resistant ink because I wanted to use my watercolor pens and I thought a brown ink would coordinate perfectly with the fall theme. I colored all the images using watercolor markers, and cut them using my Scan n Cut machine.


For my background, I cut a 4,25" square out of kraft cardstock and applied brown distress inks on the edges to add more depth. I first used vintage photo with a little bit of ground espresso, and next I splattered drops of ground espresso. And I've always thought that gold goes beautifully with fall colors, so I also splattered drops of gold paint on my panel.

And my panel was still a little bit too flat to me so I simply created a few score lines on my paper. And next I assembled the wreath using glue dots and foam adhesive squares. When the wreath was done, I decided to add more gold. So I stamped some leaves and flowers on vellum using clear embossing ink, covered the ink with gold embossing powder, heat set the images using my heat tool, and fussy cut everything.


I used the same clear embossing ink and embossing powder to create the banner, and used Potting Soil ink to stamp my sentiment (which is from the Bubbles stamp set) I also added more leaves and flowers around this banner, I glued two butterflies, and finally I stuck my panel down to a kraft card base.


And that's it. I think it would be nice to also use blues and greys to create a winter wreath. I leave with the process video, and see you next time.

VIDEO
Below or here


SUPPLIES
- Springtime banners stamp set
- Bubbles stamp set
- Arteza real brush pens
- Arteza waterbrushes
- Distress inks: vintage photo, ground espresso
- Gold paint by Creative Expressions
- Potting soil ink by Ranger
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Antique gold embossing powder by Simon Says Stamp
- Kraft cardstock by Lawn Fawn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire