Hello Bluebird - Family Photo stamp set - Sepia Coloring with Spectrum Noir Markers

mercredi 30 octobre 2019

Hey there, 

Today's card is pretty simple compared to what you are used to see, but this whole sepia/vintage look was a real pleasure to create. It was my very first time trying to make that effect and it the end it was very easy.

I first started by stamping the largest image from the Family Photo stamp set on Neenah desert storm cardstock using Potting Soil ink by Ranger. It stamped it twice to get a nice and crisp impression.



Next I started coloring the images. I invite you to watch the video below to see which markers I used to create this sepia look.

When the coloring was done, I traced a pencil line a little bit above their feet to create the floor. Next I masked the whole image, and started working on the background. To continue with the vintage look, I wanted to create a wall covered in flowers, like the wallpapers our parents or grandparents had in the 70's. So I picked three different stamps and filled the whole background. And to add some interest to the wallpaper, I added a little bit of shadows on the flowers, but not too much because I didn't want it to compete with the main image.



To create the floor, I applied washi tape along the pencil mark and used vintage photo distress ink to color the bottom of my panel. I added a little bit of ground espresso distress ink on the edges to darken the floor. Next I covered the floor with the washi tape and used the same inks to add texture to the wallpaper.

Old picture usually have a frame so I cut one out of a beige pattern paper using the Ocean Scene die and applied vintage photo on it to get the same vintage look as the panel. I attached it on my panel using liquid glue and then I stamped my sentiment (from the Christmas is coming stamp set) using Potting Soil ink.

Finally, and for an extra touch of sparkle, and because I think gold goes pretty well with sepia colors, I cut four corners out of gold glitter washi tape and stuck them on my panel.

VIDEO
Below or here

HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES
- Family Photo stamp set
- Christmas is coming stamp set (for the sentiment)
- Ocean Scene die

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: vintage photo, ground espresso
- 110lb Neenah desert storm cardstock
- Beige pattern paper from my stash
- Red pattern paper from my stash
- Gold glitter washi tape from my stash
- Potting Soil ink by Ranger
- Masking paper by Simon Says Stamp

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire