Holiday Card Series 2019 w/ Magengo - Cut File Cuties on Cards

samedi 26 octobre 2019

Hi there,

I'm back with a trio of holiday cards featuring some cuties that are originally supposed to go on treat bags but I decided it would be fun to showcase them on cards. I used the Reindeer box + Bear box + Penguin box cut files.
I wanted to color them using my alcohol markers so I used 80lb neenah solar white cardstock to cut the files. I shared a few weeks ago a video where I show how I cut SVG files using my Scan 'n cut machine so if you're interested, feel welcome to go check it ^^


When the coloring was done, I colored the hearts using distress inks: peacock feathers, picked raspberry and blueprint sketch. And next I started working on the backgrounds. I wanted to have lots of different textures on my panels, and the first step was to blend some distress inks.


On the panda card, I used dried marigold, picked raspberry and seedless preserves. On the reindeer card, I used shaded lilac, blueprint sketch and wilted violet. And on the penguin card, I used cracked pistachio, peacock feathers and blueprint sketch.


For a first layer of texture, I splattered water that I dried using a paper towel. Second layer, I mixed the darker distress ink from each blending with water and splattered drops on the panel. I applied white embossing paste using a snowflake stencil as a third layer of texture. Fourth layer: I mixed white acrylic paint with water and created splatters on the panel. And as final layer, I splattered on the panel shimmering paint mixed with water.


When my panels were dry, I assembled my cards. All the elements were attached using foam tape, except for some tiny pieces that were stuck using liquid glue. To adhere the heart, I used glue dots and I wanted it to shine so I applied a coat of white blizzard nuvo drops on top of it.

The final touches were to applied black enamel accents on the eyes and smile, as well as glossy accents on the nose. I leave you with the video, and wish an awesome day!



VIDEO
Below or here


SUPPLIES
- Reindeer + Bear + Penguin box cut files by Magengo
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: dried marigold, picked raspberry, seedless preserve
shaded lilac, blueprint sketch, wilted violet
cracked pistachio, peacock feathers, blueprint sketch
- Snowflake stencil by Memory Box
- White embossing paste by Wendy Vecchi
- Shimmering paint by Creative Expressions
- White acrylic paint from my stash
- Black enamel accents by Ranger
- Glossy accents by Ranger
- White blizzard nuvo drops by Tonic Studio

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire