Magengo - Happy Winter - Reveal Wheel Card

samedi 19 octobre 2019

Hey there,

I'm back today with a reveal wheel card showcasing the new Happy Winter digital stamp set. This cute penguin is my favorite from this set so I wanted to use only him on a card but I'll be back soon with another project featuring the other images ^^



So to start, I die cut the reveal wheel with the arc shaped window die taped at the top. To create my winter sky, I first applied tumbled glass oxide ink all over the panel to get a nice base. Next I added salty ocean oxide ink at the top. And finally I applied a little bit of faded jeans oxide ink at the very top to darken my sky.



To add texture on my panel, I splattered water that I dried using a paper towel, and then I added drops of white paint to give the illusion of falling snow. Next I cut the wheel and applied salty ocean oxide ink on the middle part of the wheel, and I created the same texture as before on it.

To ground my winter scene, I cut two wavy borders out of white cardstock, applied liquid glue on the top edges, and added chunky glitter on my borders. This way my scene will have a cute and magical look.

Next I stamped four sentiments on the wheel using clear embossing ink, applied white embossing powder on the ink, and heat set everything using my heat tool. For the last part of my sentiment, I wanted a touch of color so I stamped the word "Joyful" on white cardstock using candied apple oxide ink, and I cut it using the coordinating die. And to totally complete my sentiment, I stamped and white heat embossed the phrase "Hope your holidays are" and an ampersand.



Next I assembled the reveal wheel, and stuck it to a dark blue panel. And to finish by background I stuck the two snow borders at the bottom using foam tape. I printed my images on Neenah solar white cardstock, cut them using my Scan' n cut machine and colored them using my spectrum noir markers. And when my images were colored, I attached them on my panel using foam tape and glue dots.

For final touches, I applied clear shimmer on the hat as well as on the presents. And added white highlights on the images. I attached my panel to a dark blue card base, and because the sky looked a little bit to empty, I decided to add some clear sequins.

And that's it! Simple and easy but still very cute. I leave you with the video, and wish you a very nice day.

VIDEO
Below or here

SUPPLIES
- Reveal Wheel die set by Lawn Fawn
- Stitched simple wavy border die set by Lawn Fawn
- Large stitched rectangle stackables die set by Lawn Fawn
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Oxide inks: tumbled glass, salty ocean, faded jeans, candied apple
- Chunky glitter by Lawn Fawn
- Clear shimmer pen by Spectrum Noir
- White paint by Hero Arts
- Clear sequins by Pretty Pink Posh
- Blue jay cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Strathmore bristol cardstock
- Neenah solar white cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire