Lawn Fawn - Fun in the Sunflowers - Pull Tab Card

samedi 5 octobre 2019

Hi there,

Today's card was made for a collaboration with my friend Aya. The requirements were to use Lawn fawn stamps and to create a fall card. Just for fun. Aya has created a super cute and fun kitchen scene featuring two bunnies baking pies, so be sure to check her YouTube channel to watch her video!


To create my card, I first started by cutting several elements to build the background: a rectangle panel, two wavy borders and a grass border. All from strathmore bristol cardstock.




On the rectangle panel, I created clouds using a homemade stencil and faded jeans distress ink. I also created texture on the clouds by splattering water drops on the paper, as well as drops of faded jeans. The larger wavy border was colored using peeled paint and forest moss distress inks. And for the smaller wavy border, I used scattered straw, rusty hinge and ground espresso distress inks.




As always I stamped all my images on neenah solar white cardstock using jet black ink and I colored them using my spectrum noir markers. Feel welcome to watch the video below to see which markers I used. When the coloring was done, I assembled a few things such as the puppy in the basket, the beret on the girl's head and her scarf, the sunflowers in the red cart.



Next I die cut a notch at the top and a slot at the bottom of my cloud panel, as well as a coordinated slot out of my khaki green wavy border And next I taped this wavy grass border to the cloud background. I die cut the pull tab mechanism, folded the tabs, applied tape on those tabs, and put this pull tab mechanism through the slot at the back of my panel. And I also die cut the sleeve that I folded and attached at the back of my panel to help the pull tab go up and down straight. I adhered the remaining piece of cloud background at the top of the pull tab, and added a tiny arrow to the tab so the recipient of the card knows to pull it.



Next I attached the squirrel to the small tabs, and stuck the rest of the elements down. The khaki green wavy border looked a little bit too flat to me so I simply stamped little hills using peeled paint distress ink.

I stamped my sentiment on the grass border, attached my panel to a kraft card base, and finally added little leaves here and there.

VIDEO
Below or here

LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Tree before 'n afters stamp + die sets
- Happy harvest stamp + die sets
- Bicycle built for you stamp + die sets
- Pick of the patch stamp + die sets
- Frosty fairy friends stamp + die sets
- Ahoy, matey stamp + die sets
- Let's toast pull tab add-on die set
- Grassy border die set
- Stitched simple wavy border die set
- Large stitched rectangle stackables die set
- Jet black ink

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: faded jeans, peeled paint, forest moss, scattered straw, rusty hinge, ground espresso
- Sakura white gel pen
- Kraft cardstock by Neenah
- Solar white cardstock by Neenah
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

4 commentaires: