Holiday Card Series 2019 w/ Lawn Fawn - Happy Ho ho holidays - Magic Picture Changer Card

mardi 22 octobre 2019

Hello there,

A few weeks ago, I shared a Magic Picture Changer holiday card showing two cute kids, drinking hot chocolates and waiting for Santa by the fireplace. And while I was making it, I was thinking that it could be fun to create the outside their house.

This is what I tried to create with this new magic picture changer holiday card. I used a lot of supplies to make it, including the new Ho ho holidays stamp set and the Rooftop border die set by Lawn Fawn.



So I first started by cutting a piece of blue jay cardstock, I applied black soot distress ink on the edges to darken it a little bit and used the snowy backdrop die to create stars and snow on my blue jay panel. I also added some sparkles using the liquid stardust, and to add more magic to my night sky, I stuck my night sky panel on a piece of pixie dust cardstock and finally adhered it on a white panel.


***

Next I worked on my magic picture changer element. On a long bristol panel, I stamped the xmas tree using jet black ink, and on the short panel, I stamped the kids, their Christmas hats and the tree again. And then 
I colored the images using my alcohol markers. When it was done and to match my first card, I used a white posca pen to draw a bunch of dots on my panels. I also applied clear shimmer to the Christmas tree decorations, as well as some white highlights using a white gel pen.



I taped the magic picture changer dies to my panels, and sent them to my die cutting machine. I applied double sided tape on both sides of the long panel tabs, I folded those tabs, next I removed the back of the tape and folded the tabs again to definitely attach them.

I folded my long panel in half right on the score line the die creates, next I put the short panel inside it through the slit, and put each small flap into a small slit.

I pulled the tab to combine both panels, next I applied a lot of powder to help the mechanism work easily, I aligned the small panel between the tabs, removed the back of the tape, and finally I folded the long panel to close it and create a pocket.


***

Next I worked on the outside of the house. I cut a small frame using a die from the magic picture changer die set, as well as three roof borders out of chocolate bar cardstock and I applied a little bit of ground espresso distress ink on the edges to add some texture.



To create the wall, I cut several strips out of woodgrain cardstock measuring half an inch wide, and applied vintage photo and ground espresso distress inks on them to make them pop. Next I started to assemble the wall and roof. So first I adhered the magic picture changer pocket to my white panel 1cm under the night sky. Next I attached them all around the interactive window, making sure not to apply tape on the moving parts. When the wood planks were attached, I finished the wall by adhered the window frame. And I adhered the roof borders using foam squares and double sided tape.

To give a more festive look to my house I cut a string of light out of rainforest cardstock and decorated it using blue, gold and red glitter cardstocks. And I attached those lights on the roof using liquid glue. I also die cut a chimney that I colored using hickory smoke and black soot distress inks. And then I stuck it above the roof.


***



For the bottom of my card, I cut three snow borders, added chunky glitter on the top edges to get a cool and nice sparkly border and finally adhered these elements at the bottom of my panel using foam tape.

Next I stamped additional images on white cardstock using jet black ink, and colored them using my alcohol markers. I used the coordinating dies to cut them, and then I attached them on my panel.

To create my sentiment, I stamped the word Happy from the Mice on ice stamp set using jet black ink, and cut it using the coordinating die. I attached it at the top of my panel, and stamped the words Holidays on the top part of the chimney.

I also white heat embossed a speech bubble and the words Ho Ho Ho inside it, cut it using the coordinating die and stuck above Santa using translucent foam squares. And finally 
I cut the pull tab arrow element out of chili pepper cardstock and attached it at the end of the pull tab using double sided tape.

VIDEO
Below or here


LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Ho ho holidays
- Cheery Christmas
- Mice on ice (for the word Happy)
- Christmas dreams
- Screen time
- Baaah humbug
- Holiday helpers
- Oh gnome (for the speech bubble)
- Magic picture changer + add-on
- Stitched simple wavy borders
- Rooftop borders
- Mini string of lights
- Snowy backdrop
- Blue jay cardstock
- Woodgrain cardstock (neutrals)
- White cardstock
- Chocolate bar cardstock
- Rainforest cardstock
- Pixie dust cardstock
- Chili pepper cardstock
- Chunky glitter
- Liquid stardust
- Jet black ink
- Clear embossing ink
- White embossing powder
- Liquid glue
- Glue dots

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: hickory smoke, black soot, vintage photo, ground espresso
- Glitter cardstock from my stash
- Strathmore bristol cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire