Hello Bluebird - An African Savannah Safari

dimanche 16 février 2020

Hey there, 


Today's card features some cuties from the More Jungle Littles stamp set, as well as a few other stamp and die sets that helped me to create this lovely savannah scene.






I started by cutting a bristol panel measuring 8,5 x 4,5 inches. I created the sky using a homemade cloud stencil and tumbled glass distress ink.

Next I die cut my background elements using the Ocean Scene die, but kept only three pieces to build my scene. I colored the bottom piece using shabby shutters and peeled paint distress inks to get a faded green grass, and colored the two other elements using antique linen and gathered twigs to get sand/dirt borders.

I also cut a mountain border using a die from the Glacier Peaks die set that I colored using shabby shutters and peeled paint distress inks as well.



I wanted to have a river or a pond on my card so I colored a piece of bristol cardstock using broken China distress ink.




Once all my background elements were colored, I stuck them on my panel using double sided tape for the river/pond element, and foam tape for the other pieces.

And when the background was complete, I cut my sentiment Wild About You out of pattern paper, and also out of black cardstock. I attached the black sentiment under the patterned one to get a nice and thin shadow, and I stuck this whole element above my savannah scene using foam squares.




Next I moved on to the coloring part. I stamped and cut my images, and colored them using my alcohol markers, like always.

We can find baobab trees in the savannah and I wanted to have some on my card. So I searched my Hello Bluebird collection, looking for something that could work and thought that the trees from the Skating Pond die set would be perfect. I just had to cut one in half to get two small baobab tree trunks. And for the foliage, I cut two clouds using coordinating dies from the Fall Friends stamp set and Puddle Play stamp set.




Next I assembled the trees, and attached all the images using a combination of foam squares, liquid glue and glue dots. And finally I added a few clear sequins around the sentiment to fill the space.

VIDEO
Below or here

HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES
- Wild about you words die
- Ocean scene die
- Glacier peaks die set
- Skating pond die set
- More jungle littles stamp + die sets
- Portrait pals stamp + die sets
- Fishin' hole stamp + die sets
- Fall friends stamp + die sets
- Puddle play stamp + die sets

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: antique linen, gathered twigs, shabby shutters, peeled paint, tumbled glass, broken china
- Sakura white gel pen
- Black cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Pattern paper by American Crafts
- Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- Sequins by Pretty Pink Posh

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire