Lawn Fawn - Magic Iris Baby Card

jeudi 20 février 2020

Hey there,

I'm so happy to be back with a new interactive card featuring the brand new Magic Iris die set as well as some cute images from previous releases.

(like always, all the supplies I will use in this video are listed at the end of the article)




I started by die cutting all my pieces: three rings, three sausage or balloon pieces that I cut out of vellum, three stabilizers, and one tab. For the entire Magic Iris mechanism, I encourage you to watch the video down below to see how it's done. It's way easier to understand how it works with images than a text ^^

Once the Magic Iris was done, I created the inside of the washing machine. And to do so, I simply traced the inside circle of the Magic Iris on a Neenah solar white panel using a pencil. I stamped some cute images from the Little Bundle stamp set using jet black ink inside the circle, I erased the pencil line, and colored the images and background using my alcohol markers in blue shades.




When the coloring was done, I used a white gel pen to add some details such as white highlights on the images and white dots on the blue background to give the illusion of tiny soap bubbles.

Next I placed the Magic Iris ring on my colored panel and traced all around it. I cut the circle, and stuck the ring on the circle by applying double sided tape on the three stabilizers.

 Next I cut a 5,5 x 4,25 inches stitched dark blue panel, as well as a light blue panel that I cut using the cover plate die from the Magic Iris add-on die set. I applied liquid glue at the back of the circle, I put this circle behind the light blue panel, making sure to align both the circle in the middle and the tab at the top right hand corner, and next I pressed down onto the dark blue panel to adhere my circle.




I also cut some extra piece: the floor out of white woodgrain cardstock and the baseboard out of Fog cardstock using a die from the Picket Fence Border die set. And I attach those two pieces at the bottom of my light blue panel to have a nice and clean floor.

Next I applied foam tape around the magic iris ring, making sure not to touch it and adhered the front panel to hide the mechanism. And to totally complete the Magic Iris, I cut the arrow out of Fog cardstock using a die from Magic Iris main die set and I glued this piece on the tab.




I stamped and colored additional images from the Loads of fun stamp set, and I created an opening on the washing machine using a circle die from my stash. And I cut a Stitched Circle Frame out of silver mirror cardstock that I glued on the washing machine to frame the door. Next I stuck the images using foam squares.




I split my sentiment in two part. The first part "A Little Bundle..." was stamped using Jet Black ink and the second part "In On The Way" was white heat embossed on Mermaid cardstock. I cut this second part of the sentiment using a die from the Everyday Sentiment Banner die set and attached it on my panel using foam squares.

And finally, for a last touch of cuteness, I added a few iridescent drops here and there to give the illusion of soap bubbles floating in the air.

VIDEO
Below or here

LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers - Iridescent Bubbles by Studio Katia - Sakura white gel pen - Silver mirror cardstock from my stash

1 commentaire:

  1. If you're looking to lose pounds then you absolutely have to start using this totally brand new custom keto plan.

    To create this keto diet service, licensed nutritionists, personal trainers, and professional chefs united to develop keto meal plans that are productive, suitable, cost-efficient, and enjoyable.

    Since their grand opening in early 2019, thousands of clients have already transformed their body and well-being with the benefits a proper keto plan can offer.

    Speaking of benefits: clicking this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-confirmed ones offered by the keto plan.

    RépondreSupprimer