Hello Bluebird - A Fairy House

vendredi 7 février 2020

Hello there,

For today's card, I've made a fairy house, an underground house like a hobbit house, with cute windows and flowers. Kind of a foretaste of Spring ^^


I first started by building the house. I used dies from the Grassy Knoll die set to cut two green grass borders but the color was a little bit to light to me so I applied a coat of mowed lawn oxide ink on the pieces. I also added shadows and contrast by applying vintage photo oxide inks at the top of the borders. And I created texture by splattering drops of vintage photo on the borders.




Next I die cut some elements to continue building the house: a door and its frame, two windows and their frames as well, four shutters and two window boxes. All those elements were cut using the Treehouse scene die set. And to make those pieces less flat, I used distress inks: vintage photo for the window boxes, and ground espresso for the door, windows and shutters.


I attached the door frame on the door base, did the same for the windows, and I also glued the window boxes at the bottom of each window.




For the background, I cut a 6 x 5 inches bristol panel, and applied tumbled glass oxide ink using a homemade cloud stencil. Next I stuck the bigger grass border using double sided tape, and the other border using foam tape in order to bring a little bit of dimension to the house.


I backed the door and windows using cream cardstock and then I attached those elements to finally create my fairy house. I applied tiny pieces of foam squares at the back of each shutter to give them dimension, and I used liquid glue to attach them against the window frames.




I stamped all my images off screen, using memento tuxedo black ink and colored them using my alcohol markers. When it was done, I still needed to color the fairies dresses, but I wanted to try something different than usual. So to create their dresses, I stamped the images again on three different pattern papers, fussy cut the dresses only and glued them on the matching fairy. And next I attached all the images using foam squares, glue dots and liquid glue.

I stamped my sentiment "Hello Spring" right in the middle of my sky background using black versafine ink. I added white highlights on the images, as well as white nuvo drops in the center of each flower, and also white blizzard nuvo drops on the fairies wings to make them shine and sparkle. And the last final step was to add grass details to the bottom border using mowed lawn oxide ink.


VIDEO
Below or here


HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES
- Treehouse scene die set

- Grassy Knoll die set

- Fairy garden stamp + die sets
- Storybook friends stamp + die sets
- Spring gatherings stamp + die sets
- Banner buddies stamp + die sets
- Strawberry jam stamp + die sets

OTHER SUPPLIES

- Spectrum Noir markers
- Oxide inks: tumbled glass, mowed lawn, vintage photo
- Distress inks: vintage photo, ground espresso
- Memento tuxedo black ink
- White nuvo drops by Tonic Studio
- White blizzard nuvo drops by Tonic Studio
- Sakura white gel pen
- Neenah solar white cardstock (for the images)
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (for the background panel)
- Cilantro + Paper bag + Chocolat bar cardstocks by Lawn Fawn
- Yellow pattern paper from the Spring Fling 6x6 paper pack by Lawn Fawn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire