Lawn Fawn - A Magic Iris Shaker Card

mardi 21 avril 2020

Hey there,

I am back with a new magic iris card. I really love to create that kind of card, but on today's project, I went next level and created a magic iris -shaker- card. Can sound impressive but it was very easy to make!

Like always, I used a bunch of stamp set die sets to create my card and you will find all the supplies at the end of this post.




I started with the coloring. I first stamped the images on white cardstock using jet black ink, I cut them all using the coordinating dies and then I colored everything using my alcohol markers.

Next I moved on to the front panel. I used the cover plate die from the magic iris add-on to cut it, as well as the arrow tab. I temporarily taped those two pieces at the back using washi tape, and next I used the cloudy stencil along with tumbled glass distress ink to create a nice and subtle background.




To ground the scene, I cut a grass border using the grassy border die, as well as a wavy border using the stitched simple wavy border die set. I colored the grass border using shabby shutters and mowed lawn distress inks, and I colored the wavy border using antique linen and vintage photo distress inks. Next I attached those two elements at the bottom of my front panel.

Next I created the magic iris shaker element, and I invite you to watch the video at the end of this post to see how I did this. It will be easier to understand with the process ^^




Next I cut a card base out of ballet slippers cardstock and attached on top of it a stitched panel that was cut out of a paper from the Really Rainbow Christmas paper pack using a die from the large stitched rectangle stackables die set.

I cut a pink circle using the cover plate die and the same pink paper as the magic iris, and I stamped my sentiment, "You're the Sweetest Friend", from the Sweet Friends stamp set on it. I placed my front panel on the card base and tucked my sentiment right in the circle in the middle to stick it to the card base.




Next I took the magic iris and on the front of it I applied double sided tape, on the three stabilizers and on the rest of the ring as well. I removed the backing paper and placed the Iris behind the front panel. I made sure to line up both the circle in the middle and the tab at the top right hand corner and I pressed down to connect everything perfectly.

Next I placed the shaker material on the sentiment: strawberry slices made out of polymer clay, sequins and colored strawberries as well. At the back of the front panel I applied enough layers of foam squares to get the same height as the foam ring, I also applied liquid glue on this foam ring, I kept the iris open and then I attached my panel to the card base, making sure to line up the window with the sentiment.




Before attaching the images, the jar still an inside, so I used the cover plate die to cut a circle out of a piece of the same pink paper and I attached the jar on this piece of pink paper, I trimmed off the excess and next I stuck everything on the card.

I cut the arrow out of the same red paper as the background and glued it on the tab, and finally, I added some clear droplets in the sky. They bring an extra touch of shine but do not compete with the rest of the scene.


VIDEO
Below or here

LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: tumbled glass, shabby shutters, mowed lawn, antique linen, vintage photo
- Sakura white gel pen
- Clear droplets by Studio Katia
- Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

1 commentaire:

  1. Beautiful card!! Can you tell me what that orange handled tool is that you use? It looks like a pick of some kind but I have never seen one that small. Thank you!

    RépondreSupprimer