Lawn Fawn - Year Ten Magic Picture Changer Card

dimanche 12 avril 2020

Hey there,

Today's card features the small Year Ten stamp set, and I also created Mexican hats myself to make this little scene cuter. Hope you'll like it!




I started with a 5,5 x 4,25" stitched panel to create the background. I used several distress inks: squeezed lemonade, spiced marmalade, abandoned coral and candied apple.



And to ground my little scene, I die cut two wavy borders and used antique linen and vintage photo distress inks to create sand borders.




Next I created the interactive part of my card. I cut two pieces of strathmore bristol cardstock: a long panel for the pocket die and a short one for the moving piece die. I marked the windows using a pencil and next I moved on to the stamping.



On the long panel, I stamped the cacti only. On the short panel, I placed the cacti and the flower on top, with the door of my misti tool I picked up the flower only, I removed the cacti and stamped the flower. And I did the same thing for the two other flowers. Next I cut masks for the flowers using the coordinating die, I placed the cacti on top and stamped it.



I also cut masks for the two cacti using the coordinating die and I used the same inks as before to create backgrounds on both panels. I removed the masks, and because of those masks, some of the lines were not connected so I simply used my memento pen to join all the lines.



And next I colored the images using my alcohol markers like always. When the coloring was done, I added white highlights on the images using my white gel pen, I taped the dies on the panels and sent everything to my die cut machine.



On the long panel, I started by folding the tabs using a bone folder in order to make them very flat. I applied double sided tape on those tabs, front and back and next I removed the backing paper from the inside and I folded the tabs again to stick them. I applied powder on the flaps and also along the tabs to help the mechanism to work nicely, I folded the pocket panel in half on the score line, next I put the moving piece into the pocket panel through the slit, and I put each flap into a small slit.



I pulled on the tab to interlock the pieces, I made sure everything was aligned between the tabs, and finally I removed the backing paper and folded the pocket panel to totally close it.




Next I took my background panel and cut a frame out of it, I applied thin double sided tape at the back of it on the four edges, and then I attached this frame to the pocket.



I cut a card base out of paper bag cardstock, and I stuck the remaining pieces of the background as well as the pocket on this card base using foam tape and double sided tape. I also attached the sand borders. And on the smaller one, I stamped "Hope your birthday is on point" using jet black ink.



Next I stamped and colored additional images. I created the hats myself by using the bottom part of a stamp from the Hats off to you stamp set. First using a pencil and I went back on the lines using my memento pen.



When the coloring was done, I fussy cut the hats and used the coordinating dies to cut the other images. And I attached everything on my panel. Next I added white highlights on the images, and finally I cut the tab handle out of chili pepper cardstock, I stuck it at the very top of the tab and for the arrow, I used sunflower cardstock.

VIDEO
Below or here


LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers - Distress inks: squeezed lemonade, spiced marmalade, abandoned coral, candied apple - Sakura white gel pen - Strathmore bristol cardstock - Neenah solar white cardstock - Memento pen

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire