Lawn Fawn - You're The Zest - Magic Iris Card

samedi 23 mai 2020

Hey there,

I'm back today with our cute mice family. The last time we saw them, they were making strawberry jam. This time, it's all about lemons: trees and pies!



I started with the coloring. Like always I used a whole lot of stamp sets and everything is listed below the video at the end of this post. All the images were stamped using jet black ink and colored using alcohol markers.



When it was done, I created the background. I die cut the front panel and the arrow handle and I kept everything together using washi tape. And I created a pretty sky using the Cloudy Stencil along with tumbled glass and salty ocean distress inks. I added texture by splattering water on the paper, and I also mixed the same inks with water to create blue splatters.

Next I cut three grass borders and used shabby shutters and mowed lawn distress inks to colored them. And for the texture, I mixed the same inks with water and splattered drops on the borders.



Next I moved on to the magic iris. Please check the video below to see the process ^^


When the Iris was done, I cut a 5,25 x 4" panel using a yellow paper from the Really Rainbow 6x6 paper pack, I lined up my front panel on top and glued the circle in the middle. I stamped my sentiment on the circle using the Harold's ABCs stamp set, and applied double sided tape on the entire front of the magic iris. I removed the backing papers, and placed the Iris behind the front panel. I align everything as nicely as possible to get all the clouds lined up. I pressed down to stick everything and next I applied doubled sided tape on the stabilizers only at the back of the iris.

I also added foam tape around the iris in order to have the same height as the ring everywhere, I removed all the backing papers, kept the Iris open and attached the panel to the yellow panel. And next I attached the grass borders. The tall one using double sided tape, and the others using foam tape and foam squares.



Next I attached all the images using glue dots, foam squares and liquid glue. When it was done, I cut a 5,5 x 4,25" stitched rectangle using a paper from the Spring Fling 6x6 paper pack, I stuck this paper on a cilantro card base, and attached my magic Iris panel on top.

Finally I cut the arrow out of cilantro cardstock and attached it on the handle, and added white highlights on the images to make them pop a little bit more.

VIDEO
Below or here

LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets

Die sets

Misc.


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: tumbled glass, salty ocean, shabby shutters, mowed lawn
- Sakura white gel pen
- Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire