Spooky Card Series w/ Hello Bluebird - Boo Crew + Oxide Ink Background

jeudi 9 septembre 2021

 Hello there,

Hello Bluebird new release is finally here so I'm back again to celebrate it with more spooky inspiration showcasing the new Boo Crew stamp set, the gorgeous Full Moon die and the awesome Nesting A7 die set. I also picked two bats from Frightful Little Bits that was released last year, and used a die from Grassy Knoll to create a hill border.

As always I started by stamping the images using extreme black ink by My Favorite Things, I cut them all using the coordinating dies and used my alcohol markers to color everything.

After the coloring I cut all the elements to build my background: a 7 x 5" bristol panel, and a black rectangle frame that I created using the first and third largest dies from the Nesting A7 die set. I also cut a black hill border, and three black trees using the Full Moon die, three because I wanted to bring dimension to this element.

I cut a circle out of masking paper, stuck it on my panel and used some oxide inks to create a super bright and spooky Halloween sky: spiced marmalade, ripe persimon, candied apple and black soot. I applied the lightest ink around the mask, and then applied the other inks towards the edges of the paper from the lightest to the darkest.


Once I was happy with the blending, I added lots of water splatters all over the paper, and next I mixed some black soot oxide ink with water and added more splatters to the panel to bring more contrast.

I used my twizzlers to remove the mask, and then stuck the other part of the mask to cover the paper around that white circle, and I used a bit of dried marigold oxide ink to add a little bit of color to the moon.


Next I assembled everything on my oxide ink background, starting with the black frame that I stuck using black foam squares, I attached the hill border using the same foam squares, stuck my three trees on top of each other and trimmed the bottom of it to fit behind the hill border, attached that tree using liquid glue, and then I attached all my cute Halloween characters using liquid and the same black foam squares as before.

Once everything was attached, I white heat embossed my sentiment 'Hello from the boo crew' on black cardstock, trimmed it into a small banner that I stuck above the images, I stamped a few bats here and there, and as always I also added white highlights and details on the images and sky as well.


VIDEO


HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES
- Boo Crew stamp set
- Frightful Little Bits stamp set
- Full Moon die
- Nesting A7 die set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: spiced marmalade, ripe persimon, candied apple, black soot, dried marigold
- Sakura white gel pen
- White acrylic paint by Pebeo
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- White embossing powder by Lawn Fawn
- Black licorice cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Masking paper from Simon Says Stamp

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire