Sunny Studio - Icing Borders & Shaker Cupcake

jeudi 9 septembre 2021

Hey there,

I'm back with a new shaker card, showcasing some brand new products by Sunny Studio: the Icing borders die set, the Thank you words die set, as well as some autumnal pattern papers from the gorgeous Sweater Weather 6x6 paper pack.

I picked up a floral pattern paper to be the frame of my cupcake, and cut a plain cupcake using the biggest die from the Cupcake shape die setNext I used the second cupcake die to cut my frame: I placed and taped it in the center of the plain cupcake, and sent it to my die cutting machine to get my foral frame.

And then I cut additional elements: three cupcake pieces out of pattern papers, a plain cupcake out of acetate to create the window of my shaker, and another one out of navy blue cardstock to be the base of the cupcake.

I temporarily taped the floral frame on top of the navy blue base and I attached the dark pink icing part on the cupcake base by tucking it right up against the frame.

Next I attached the floral frame to the plain acetate cupcake to create the window, and on the front of this window, I attached the two remaining pieces of cupcake.

At the back of the window panel, I applied thin strips of foam tape on the edges. And all along the foam strips I applied powder, this way the sequins won't stick to the foam.

Next I poured a sequin mix on the cupcake base, right on the pink icing section, and then stuck my window panel on top of the cupcake base to close the shaker.


I wanted to create a custom background using the Icing Border dies so I used those dies and a striped pattern paper from the Sweater Weather pack to cut lots of icing shapes. I cut a panel out of the same striped pattern paper, and I glued each icing shape on top of the panel in a way that the panel and borders would be coordinated.

I filled the entire panel with icing borders, trimmed off the edges and stuck the panel to a pink card base, and then I attached my giant shaker cupcake on my custom background using liquid glue.


Next I cut two banners: one out of a yellow pattern paper using a die from the Sliding Window die set and one out of a blue pattern paper using a die from the Stitched Rectangles die set. I attached those banners on top of each other on the bottom section of the cupcake, and finally I cut the word 'Thanks' out of gold mirror cardstock and stuck it on top of the banners.

And this is the final result. Now I can totally see the same giant cupcake with Christmas papers, or maybe rainbow papers for a birthday. I hope it will inspire you. Thank you so much for watching, I will see you in the next video. Have a very nice day. Bye. 


VIDEO



SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
Icing borders die set
- Thank you words die set
- Sweater Weather 6x6 paper pack
- Cupcake shape die set
- Stitched rectangles die set
- Sliding Window die set

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Sequins mix from my stash
- Gold mirror cardstock from my stash

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire