Holiday Card Series w/ Hello Bluebird - Little Village

vendredi 5 novembre 2021

Hello there,

I'm back on Hello Bluebird blog today with a very pretty and simple card that for a change doesn't include a million images :-) The minute I saw the new Little Village die set, I pictured this card in my head, I'm very happy of how it turned out and I hope you like it too.

I started by cutting a 5,5 x 4,25" white panel. I picked two dies from the Nesting circle die set, taped the smaller one on the top part of the white panel and sent the panel to my die cutting machine to cut a circle window.

I cut another panel out of bristol cardstock and placed it behind the window panel. I traced the circle on the bristol panel using a pencil and then I used tumbled glass, stormy sky and faded jeans oxide inks to create the sky.


Next I used the smallest circle die again to cut three circles out of bristol cardstock, and from those circles I cut three hill borders using dies from Hill & dale. And on those three borders, I applied the same oxide inks as before to match the sky.

I cut all the village pieces out of white cardstock: trees, street lamps, houses, mountains (using a coordinating die from Wilderness adventure) and also a circle that I cut using the smallest die from the Nesting circle die set. I temporarily taped the window panel on the oxide ink panel using washi tape, and then I attached the hill borders inside the circle using 1mm foam squares. And next I stuck the village pieces on each hill border using the same 1mm foam squares that I cut in half to fit behind those small elements, as well as liquid glue for the tiniest pieces.

Once everything was attached, I mixed some copic opaque white ink with water and used a small brush to splatter tiny dots on the white village and this way create falling snow. And next I created my sentiment using Big Christmas greetings: I stamped the word 'Greetings' on white cardstock using clear embossing ink, sprinkled silver embossing powder on the ink and melted it using my heat gun. And I also stamped the word 'season's' on the same white cardstock using black ink. And I cut those words using the coordinating dies.

Next I cut a circle frame and I assembled everything. I started with the white window panel that I stuck on the village panel using three layers of foam tape. I attached the white frame around the village. And then I attached my sentiment below the village.

And that's it, super easy and quick to make, and if you want to make it even faster, you can use pattern papers or colored cardstock to create the sky and hill borders. Feel welcome to check the process video by clicking on the picture below. Thanks for stopping by!


VIDEO


HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES

- Little village die set

- Nesting circle die set

- Big Christmas greetings stamp set

- Hill & dale die set

- Wilderness adventure coordinating die set


OTHER SUPPLIES

- Oxide inks: tumbled glass, stormy sky, faded jeans

- Copic opaque white ink

- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn

- Silver embossing powder by Lawn Fawn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire