Holiday Card Series 2016 - Snow & the City

samedi 17 septembre 2016

Hello there!

When it comes to holiday cards, I always like to create ones using city skyline dies. I think it comes from my love of traveling. For this one, I chose New York City, one of my favorite places in the world.


In order to make my skyline pop from the scene, I cut it four times in black cardstock using the New York skyline die from My Favorite Things, and glued the pieces together. What an awesome die, I love it! I need to get my hand on the London and Paris sets!

I created my sky using four different colors, and made the snow using white embossing paste and a product that I really love: a falling snow stencil from Simon Says Stamp. I got it last year and I think I will use it over and over through the years.


To add my sentiment, I placed my skyline in my Misti tool, treated it with an anti-static powder tool, stamped the sentiment with versamark ink, applied silver embossing powder and heat set it everything.

Once the snow dry, I glued my New York skyline, and to add a little more interest, I tied a knot at the top using three pieces of silver thread. I adhered my pannel on silver glitter paper, and glued everything on a white card base using double sided tape.


VIDEO
Below or here

SUPPLIES
- New York skyline die from My Favorite Things
- black cardstock from Simon Says Stamp
- falling snow stencil from Simon Says Stamp
- distress inks from Tim Holtz: tumbled glass, broken china, chipped sapphire, black soot
- embossing paste from
- sentiment from the Lan Fawn "Home for the holidays" stamp set
- versamark ink from Tsukineko
- silver embossing powder from Aladine
- silver glitter paper from Heidi Swapp
- silver thread from my stash
- 110lb white cardstock from Neenah

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire