Holiday Card Series 2016 - 'Tis The Season

samedi 17 septembre 2016

Hello there!

Here is a new shiny holiday card using one of my favorite sets of this year: "Retro Ornaments" from Avery Elle. I love vintage decorations, especially Christmas one, so I was thrilled when I received this set!

I knew I wanted something very very very glittery and shiny so I decided to use violet and pink to color the ornament.


I started with a stitched rectangle cut into watercolor paper. I treated it with my antistatic powder tool to avoid any embossing powder to stick where it shouldn't. And then I stamped the images using versamark ink. I applied some glittery silver powder on top and heat set everything.


I painted my vintage ornament using distress inks and shimmering silver watercolor paint and then, because we never get enough sparkles, I added a touch of clear glitter.

To make the illusion of a hanging ornament, I pierced two little holes and used silver thread to tie a knot. And again, I thought that it wasn't shimmery enough, so I adhered my pannel on silver glitter paper. Then I glued and secured everything using double sided tape.


VIDEO
Below or here

SUPPLIES
- "Retro Ornaments" stamp set from Avery Elle
- large stitched 4 bar rectangles die from Lawn Fawn
- watercolor paper from Canson
- versamark ink from Tsukineko
- metallic platinium sparkle embossing powder from Wow!
- distress inks from Tim Holtz: wilted violet, picked raspberry
- iridescent shimmering watercolor paint from Creative Expressions: silver lustre
- silver glitter paper from Heidi Swapp
- silver thread from my stash
- 110lb white cardstock from Neenah

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire