Lawn Fawn - Fishing in the pond - Double Slider Surprise

mercredi 20 mars 2019

Hey there,

Today's project was inspired by the fishing pond card I made a few weeks ago using Hello Bluebird supplies. I had a great time making it so I thought it would be fun to try to recreate it using another brand.



So once again I searched my entire Lawn Fawn collection looking for the images that could match the theme, stamped them on Neenah solar white cardstock using memento tuxedo black ink and colored them using my Spectrum Noir markers.




I die cut 2 pocket panels, 2 small panels, and a track piece, all from bristol cardstock.  And I applied double sided tape on the thin tabs of the pocket panels and the track piece. I folded the score lines on both pocket pieces and used my bone folder to get sharp edges.




Next I cut a strip of plastic bag that measures 2-1/4 inches and attached it around the track piece. I placed the seam of the plastic strip on the left side of the track piece and applied double sided tape. I did the same thing at the back but on the opposite side. 

I die one more pocket piece and one more panel piece from bristol cardstock and used them to die cut grass borders and hill borders. This way all the elements will have stitched details.




I also die cut a bunch of trees from the pivot pop up die set that I placed along the grass borders.




The background elements were colored using shabby shutters and peeled paint for the grass borders and the foliage, shabby shutters and broken china for the hill borders that will be used as a pond, and gathered twigs for the tree trunks.




I also created the sky on both panel pieces and one pocket piece using tumbled glass. The white pocket piece will be at the back so no need to color it.

I started to assemble everything by attaching the borders on the panels. I also die cut the notches off camera. Next I took the track piece, aligned the right side on my grid mat, and attached the right panel, making sure it was aligned with the grid mat too. I turned the track piece over and did the same thing with the other panel.




Next I attached both pocket pieces together, attached the track piece inside, and closed the pocket. I attached all the trees using liquid glue. I white heat embossed my sentiment, applied tumbled glass distress ink on top of it to match the sky, and cut it using the coordinating die.




I attached different papers on a kraft card base, and stuck my double slider down on top. I added white stitches on the kraft card base and cut all the images using the coordinating dies. And finally I adhered everything using glue dots.

VIDEO
Below or here


LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Double slider surprise die set
- Pivot pop-up die set
- Grassy border die set
- Simple grassy hillside die set
- Simple stitched hillside border die set
- Bicycle built for you stamp set + dies
- Rub a dub dub stamp set + dies
- Toadally awesome stamp set + dies
- Critters in the forest stamp set + dies
- Beary happy holidays stamp set + dies
- Critters in the arctic stamp set + dies
- Yay, kites stamp set + dies
- Hay there stamp set + dies
- Lily of the valley paper from the Perfectly Plaid Spring 6x6 paper pack
- Cosy cardigan paper from the Knit Picky Fall 6x6 paper pack

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: shabby shutters, peeled paint, broken china, tumbled glass, gathered twigs
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- Neenah solar white cardstock
- Neenah desert storm cardstock
- Dark kraft cardstock from my stash
- Versamark ink
- White embossing powder by Aladine
- Sakura white gel pen
- Sakura black gel pen
- Memento tuxedo black ink

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire