Lawn Fawn - Spatial Magic Picture Changer

samedi 9 mars 2019

Hey there,

Today I'm back with a magic picture changer card. This new die is really amazing and super easy to use. This card features some cute aliens but I've already finished another one for my new tale series and I will share it soon.


I first started by cutting a long piece of cardstock and used the large pocket piece and a pencil to mark where I needed to stamp my images.


I stamped a planet and a spaceship using Memento tuxedo black ink and my Misti tool. I wanted to blend some distress inks to create a galaxy so I chose to use Strathmore bristol cardstock. This paper helps to create a nice blending and it works very well with alcohol markers too.


I also stamped the images on masking paper that I fussy cut and then attached to the bristol panel.



Next I took another piece of bristol cardstock and used the small moving piece and a pencil to mark where I needed to stamp my images, just like before.


I took the same stamps, placed them so they would pretty much match the others and stamped them using the same black ink. I also masked them, and this time I added an alien into the spaceship. I stamped this little guy, and masked him.



For the background I die cut a stitched rectangle from bristol cardstock and used several distress inks to create the galaxy. I first applied pink raspberry, peacock feathers and wilted violet, next I applied chipped sapphire all over the panel, I also added black soot, and then I repeated this process until I was happy with the result. And I did the same thing on my stamped panels.


I also die cut a hill border that I colored using chipped sapphire and black soot distress inks. And to give it more texture I splattered drops of the same inks on top of it using a small brush.


Next I splattered water on the large galaxy panel using large and small brushes and also a tooth brush to add teeny tiny drops. And of course I did the same thing on the other panels and removed the masks so I could color the images using my spectrum noir markers.



When the coloring was done I die cut the large pocket piece and the small moving piece. I applied double sided tape on the thin tabs front and back, and folded the score lines. On the back side I removed the back of the tape and stuck the tabs down.


Next I applied powder along the tabs and on the die cut areas to help the mechanism work easily. I put the large tab into the large pocket slot. Next I put each tab through a slot and pulled the large tab to assemble and interlock everything.  Next I removed the back of the tape at the back of the pocket piece, closed it and run the mechanism a few times to make sure it was working well.


I took my galaxy background, die cut a large frame from the add-on set, and attached it on the pocket. Double sided tape in the corners and shorter sides to avoid any glue on the picture changer mechanism. Before attaching it I made sure to align the large tab with the notch on the galaxy frame.




To complete this magic picture changer I die cut a pull tab from a piece of galaxy background I had left and also a small violet glitter tab that I attached on the white tab. And next I attached the pull tab.


On a black card base, I attached the galaxy frame I had left, next the picture changer pocket using two layers of foam tape, I stamped my sentiment and then I stuck the hill border down using a bunch of adhesive squares in three layers.


I stamped additional images that I colored using the same markers as the ones used on the spaceship and attached them on the panel. And as a final touch I added some shooting stars and some stars using a white gel pen.


VIDEO
Below or here


LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Out of this world stamp set + dies
- Beam me up stamp set + dies
- Large stitched 4 bar rectangles
- Stitched hillside borders
- Magic picture changer die set + add-on
- Black licorice cardstock

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: picked raspberry, peacock feathers, wilted violet, chipped sapphire, black soot
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- Sakura white gel pen
- Sakura black gel pen
- Violet glitter paper from my stash

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire