Hello Bluebird - Noah's Ark

samedi 23 mars 2019

Hey there,

Today I'm back with a new Hello Bluebird card featuring all the critters from the Portrait Pals stamp set.

I was sad that not all of them could fit in my jungle card so for this project I used the boat from the Fishin' Hole set and customized it so there was room for everyone.



I used my alcohol markers to color the images so as always I stamped them on Neenah solar white cardstock using memento tuxedo black ink and cut them using the coordinating dies.

To customize the boat: very simple. First I traced a pencil line, just to be sure to stamp it straight. I masked the right side of the boat and stamped it three times to get a nice impression.




I placed the critters to know where to stamp the other side of the boat and did the same thing: I masked the left side of the boat and stamped it three times.

I used a ruler and a pencil to connect both sides and used a Fabercastel pen to complete the boat. The result is not perfect but at least all the lines are connected so it won't take on water and sink ^^ And when it was done, I simply fussy cut it.




Next I played a little bit with my distress inks to create the background. I used tumbled glass for the sky and salty ocean with chipped sapphire for the ocean. I covered my watercolor paper with clear water, and then simply applied the inks that I dried between two layers.




I used my misti tool and black versafine ink to stamp my sentiment. Next I adhered my panel to a white card base and attached the images using foam adhesive squares and glue dots.

And to finish the card I simply added some drops of nuvo morning dew.

VIDEO
Below or here


HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES
- Portrait pals stamp set + dies
- Fishin' hole stamp set
- Fall friends stamp set

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: tumbled glass, salty ocean, chipped sapphire
- Morning dew Nuvo drops
- Sakura white gel pen
- Sakura black gel pen

2 commentaires: