Hello Bluebird - Fishing in the pond

samedi 2 mars 2019

Hello there,

Today's card features stamps and dies from Hello Bluebird. And as always i used a lot of images to create this cute scene.

If you follow me for some time, you know that the first thing I like to do is to stamp my images. And if I plan to use my alcohol markers I always stamp them on Neenah solar white cardstock using memento tuxedo black ink.


I die cut a skating pond scene from bristol cardstock and decided to make some changes. I wanted to have two grass sections at the top and bottom of the pond. So I took another piece of bristol cardstock,ndie cut grass elements and used the pieces I wanted to change as guides to trim the edges.

Next I colored all the background elements.  Ponds never look like blue lagoons so I used shabby shutters and broken China distress inks to color it. The grass elements were colored using shabby shutters distress ink as a base and peeled paint distress ink for shadows and depth. I took the same inks and splattered some drops on top of them using a small brush to add more texture and interest to the scene. Gathered twigs and ground espresso were used to color the trees.


On a bristol panel I traced pencils marks to know exactly where to color the sky using tumbled glass all over and broken china distress inks at the top.

Next I attached the sky panel to a white card base. And because I'm not using the frame that comes originally with the skating pond die, the final measurements are 5,5 x 4-1/16 inches.

Then I stuck all the background elements down. The pond using double sided tape. And the grass elements using 2mm foam adhesive squares. The trees were also attached using 2mm foam adhesive squares.


I also die cut a scallop border to use as foliage, it was colored using the same process and colors as the grass elements. And it was attached using 3mm adhesive squares. 

I white heat embossed my sentiment at the very top of the panel and added white highlights to the images, and next I attached them. Some were glued using 1mm and 2mm foam adhesive squares, some using glue dots, depending on where I wanted to place them.

I've made another fishing card inspired by this one using Lawn Fawn supplies, I'll share it very soon so stay tuned! ^^

VIDEO
Below or here

HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES
- Fishin' hole stamp set + dies
- Skating pond die set
- Grassy knoll die set

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: shabby shutters, peeled paint, tumbled glass, broken china, gathered twigs, ground espresso
- Memento tuxedo black ink
- Versamark ink
- White embossing powder by Aladine
- Sakura white gel pen
- Sakura black gel pen
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (for the background elements)
- Neenah solar white cardstock (for the images)
- White cardstock by HobbyCraft (for the card base)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire