Autumn Card Series 2017 - Fall at the window

samedi 4 novembre 2017

Hey there,

Today I'm sharing with you a card that was directly inspired by the Craftin Desert Divas challenge board (here), especially the picture showing a cup of hot chocolate. 


I first started by cutting all my papers using a scalloped rectangle die so everything has the same details. I chose a plaid paper for the wall, a light wood textured paper for the floor, and a dark brown paper for the baseboard. Then I created my window, and for that I just traced some lines on kraft paper and cut the windows using my paper cutter.


I cut a square in the middle of the plaid paper and attached a piece of acetate at the back of it so I can place and glue my window on the front. I cut and glued another window frame to get a more precise look. I also attached the floor using double sided tape. At the back of this panel, I attaced foam strips to create the dimension for the shaker.


For the background, I die cut a tree border and colored it using several distress inks. Colored my image using my alcohol markers and fussy cut it. I die cut a small banner, stamped my sentiment on it, and then started to assemble the card. I attached the background on a kraft card base, placed some sequins and then attached the window panel on top of it to close the shaker. Glued my sentiment in place, and finally attached my image using foam squares.

VIDEO
Below or here

CRAFTIN DESERT DIVAS SUPPLIES




OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
- Distress inks from Tim Holtz: mowed lawn, rusty hinge, wild honey, scattered straw, fired brick, vintage photo
- Plaid paper from Lawn Fawn
- Kraft cardstock from Neenah
- Other papers from my stash

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire