Halloween Card Series 2017 - Spooky Rosette - Sentiment Background

mercredi 8 novembre 2017

Hey there!

Today I'm sharing this last Halloween card on Craftin Desert Divas blog. You might think there're too much things on this card but I definitely cannot help myself: my cards need to be overloaded LOL



I first started by editing my sentiment background in Photoshop and printed it on a violet paper. My printer didn't want to work with cardstock so I used thin paper (like regular copy paper). Please note that you need to use a laser printer so the foil can adhere at the next step (I tried with my jet ink printer but it didn't work)


Once printed, I covered my piece of violet paper with a silver foil sheet (with the silver side facing up), put everything into a folded copy paper, and put it through my laminator. Then I removed the silver foil sheet to bring a beautiful shiny background out. See the result in the video, it's really cool!

And finally to thicken that panel, I attached it to a black card base using black cardstock.

To build the rosette, I cut three large strips of plaid pattern paper, each one measuring 15x5cm (or 6x2"). On each strip, I scored a line every one centimeter, folded all the lines up and down and attached the three pieces together at their ends.

I formed the rosette, secured it with hot glue and finally attached it to my foiled background using my hot glue gun again.




I die cut a scalloped circle from black glitter cardstock that I glued on a piece of vellum to add a little frame behind my spooky scene, and attached it on the paper rosette using a large glue dot. The haunted house and pumpkins were already colored from a previous project, so I just colored the little ghost using my alcohol markers.

I cut a thin sentiment banner from a pattern paper, attached it to black glitter banner and finally glued the whole piece at the bottom of my black glitter circle. I glued my images in place using little glue dots, and to finish the card, I die cut and glued some stars and circles from black glitter cardstock.

VIDEO
Below or here

CRAFTIN DESERT DIVAS SUPPLIES









OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
- Pattern papers from my stash
- Black glitter cardstock from Rayher
- Black cardstock from Simon Says Stamp
- Vellum from my stash

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire