Craftin Desert Divas - Troll Vader

vendredi 4 mai 2018

Hey there,

Today Craftin Desert Divas has a special release to celebrate Star Wars Day. For my first project, I've decided to showcase Darth-troll-Vader, isn't he just awesome?


I first started by creating the crimson moon, and for that I die cut a circle from masking paper, applied the negative piece onto bristol cardstock and then inked the circle using red distress ink. Splattered water on top of it and dried everything with a paper towel to create a cool moon effect.

Removed the masking paper, and applied the circle mask previously die cut on top of the moon so I could ink the rest of my panel. For that, I used grey and black distress inks, plus a little bit of the same red ink as the one I used for the moon. Then I splattered a lot of black metallic paint on top of that dark background to create stars.


Once the background was dry, I removed the circle mask, and next move on to coloring my image. I used my alcohol markers, and made to refer to an image of the real Darth Vader so I wouldn't mess it up ^^

As one of the biggest lines of the series Star Wars movies is "I am your father" by Darth Vader to Luke Skywalker, I thought it would be fun to stamp a father's day sentiment ^^ So I gold heat embossed it on black cardstock, die cut using a banner die, attached it at the bottom of the moon, and attached my image right in the middle of the moon. Finally I attached the panel to a black card base to finish the project.

VIDEO
Below or here

CRAFTIN DESERT DIVAS SUPPLIES





OTHER SUPPLIES
- Distress inks: candied apple, hickory smoke, black soot
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Versamark ink
- Antique gold embossing powder from Simon Says Stamp
- Masking paper from Simon Says Stamp
- Black cardstock from Lawn Fawn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire