Craftin Desert Divas - Tweet Wishes

samedi 19 mai 2018

Hi there,

I'm back to showcase a card I made using an oldie but goodie stamp set called "Birds of a feather" from Craftin Desert Divas. The wreath is also from an old die set called "Stitched in circle", and I thought it was just perfect for my bird to sit on.




First step was to use washi tape to mask some parts of my panel to create thick stripes. Then I simply applied two shades of pink distress inks, going light in the middle to dark on the edges. These colors were inspired by the CDD Mood Board Challenge on Facebook.




Before removing the washi tape, I splattered silver paint on the pink stipes to add more shine and more interest.




I stamped my sentiment on the bottom left corner of my panel, and then stamped my image on white cardstock, colored it using alcohol markers and fussy cut it.

I die cut three wreaths from white cardstock, glued them together to make one entire piece, and attached it on the right side of the panel. Before it adhered completely, I tucked the bird behind so his tail could hang behind the wreath, like it would normally do ^^ And I glued the body of the bird using foam squares.




Attached the panel to a white card base, applied clear glitter to the bird's crest and added clear drops here and there to finish the project.


VIDEO
Below or here



CRAFTIN DESERT DIVAS SUPPLIES




OTHER SUPPLIES

- Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
- Distress inks: picked raspberry, spun sugar
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- White cardstock from HobbyCraft
- Morning dew Nuvo drops
- Clear glitter pen from Spectrum Noir

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire