Under The Sea Card Series || TriFold Card || Zig Coloring || Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #29

lundi 28 mai 2018

Hey there,

I've been wanting to make a trifold card for a very long time so when I received the new "You Are Sublime" stamp set by Lawn Fawn, I immediately jumped at the chance and took all my Lawn Fawn sea/ocean themed sets out to create this one layer card.

I also was inspired by this image:


I first started by cutting a long rectangle of bristol smooth cardstock (14 x 27 cm), and traced pencil lines every 9 cm on the long side, so that's 2 lines, to create three equal parts.


I stamped all the images using black waterproof ink (not Memento tuxedo black ink, as said in the video ^^), and masked everything so I can apply distress inks for my background.


So for the background... I die cut two cloud borders from masking paper and adhered them at the bottom of the trifold panel to create the ground. I used two shades of brown distress inks, and then splattered some drops of the darkest one here and there to give the illusion of sand.


Next, I die cut a wave border from masking paper and adhered it at the top of the trifold panel, I also masked the ground so I could ink the middle part of the panel. I used three shades of blue distress inks for that.

I inked up the top part of the panel using the same masking technique and some dark blue and black distress inks. Next I peeled all the masking elements, and splattered water on the whole panel to give the illusion of bubbles.


I colored everything using my zig markers, then stamped bubbles here and there around the critters, and gold heat embossed my sentiment on the top part of the panel. I added black dots to everyone's eyes, put some white highlights on them and applied clear enamel dots on the bubbles to finish the card.

VIDEO
Below or here

LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

- You are sublime stamp set
- Mermaid for you stamp set
- Fintastic friends stamp set
- Critters in the sea stamp set
- So jelly stamp set
- Octopi my heart stamp set
- Stitched wave border die set
- Puffy cloud border die set

OTHER SUPPLIES

- Distress inks: antique linen, rusty hinge, tumbled glass, salty ocean, blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire, black soot
- Zig markers
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- Morning dew Nuvo drops
- Versamark ink
- Antique gold embossing powder from Simon Says Stamp

2 commentaires:

  1. Wow Marine this card is sooooooo gorgeous.♥ So many adorable details, I really love it.♥
    Hugs
    Angela

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Oh I'm so happy you like it, Angela! Thank you so much! <3

      Supprimer