Guest Designer for Lawn Fawnatics 1

lundi 18 février 2019

Hello there,

I am beyond excited to share with you this card I've made as a Guest Designer for the Lawn Fawnatics ChallengeI am truly honored that I have been asked to join the challenge team for this What's the weather theme. I had a lot of fun creating this card and I hope you'll like it.

As always I searched my entire collection, looking for images and dies that could match the theme. I first started by die cutting a cloud backdrop from bristol cardstock. It was my first time using it, and I really love the stitched details, it's just perfect to add subtle interest to a project.



I covered the whole panel using tumbled glass oxide ink. Next I applied peacock feathers oxide ink but just on the edges to add more depth, and then I blended both colors using the tumbled glass ink.

I die cut a rainbow from Neenah solar white cardstock and used non traditional colors to color it. Actually I was inspired by a picture I saw a few weeks ago online and thought it would be fun to try to recreate it.

I used the coordinating sun die from the Out this world stamp set and colored it using my markers. All the rainbow elements were glued together on a piece of cardstock. This way it would be easier to manipulate and to attached on the cloud panel. Before cutting the rainbow I added dots on each rainbow piece but they will be mostly covered by glitter.



I wanted my sentiment to follow the curve of the rainbow so I simply used the die as a guide to help me bend the stamp. I applied versamark ink and white heat embossed it.  I also stamped and white heat embossed some diamond shapes around the sentiment. And to add more contrast I stamped those diamond shapes using the same inks as the ones used for the background: tumbled glass and peacock feathers.

Next I applied liquid glue on each element of the rainbow, along the dark edges, and sprinkled chunky glitter on them. I'm not a big fan of glitter because it sticks to everything but it was definitely worth it.

I attached the cloud panel to a white card base and attached the rainbow on top of it using 1mm adhesive squares. I cut the sun in half, attached it under the rainbow using the same adhesive squares and applied clear shimmer on top of it. Finally, the clouds were attached using 3mm adhesive squares.

I hope you like this non traditional rainbow. I have another card to share for this challenge and I can't wait to share it next week!

VIDEO
Below or here


LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Stitched cloud backdrop: landscape
- Rainbow die
- Out of this world set (for the sun die)
- Blue skies stamp set + dies
- Life is good stamp set (for the sentiment)
- Fairy friends stamp set (for the diamond shapes)
- Chunky glitter

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Oxide inks: tumbled glass, peacock feathers
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (for the background)
- Neenah solar white cardstock (for the images)
- White cardstock by HobbyCraft (for the card base)
- Clear shimmer pen by Spectrum Noir
- Versamark ink
- White embossing powder by Aladine

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire