Sunny Studio - An Enchanted Magic Picture Changer Card

mardi 26 mai 2020

Hello there,

For today's card I used a brand that I've never used before: Sunny Studio. I've been wanting to use their stamps for a very long time but never found the time so I'm very happy to share this card with you today.

I started with the coloring. I stamped the images using alcohol marker friendly black ink, and colored everything using my Spectrum Noir markers.

When it was done, I moved on to the background. I cut a 5,5 x 4,25" stitched rectangle out of bristol cardstock and used three shades of blue oxide inks to create a night sky: tumbled glass, peacock feathers and chipped sapphire. Like always I added texture: water drops, liquid stardust to create a million stars and drops of peacock feathers and chipped sapphire oxide inks mixed with water.

And to ground my scene, I die cut two grass borders that I colored using chipped sapphire and black soot oxide inks. I also added texture by splattering drops of black soot oxide ink mixed with water on those borders.

Next I white heat embossed my sentiment 'For my princess' on the smaller grass border, and moved on to the interactive part.

I cut two bristol panels: a long one for the pocket die and a short one for the moving piece die. I used a pencil to mark the window sections and next I stamped the images. On the short panel, the princess and on the long panel, the frog. I masked the images and used the same inks as before to color the background on those two panels. And next I colored the princess and the frog using my alcohol markers again.

When the coloring was done, I die cut the pocket panel and the moving piece. On the pocket panel, I applied double sided tape on the tabs, front and back. Next I folded the panel in half and folded the tabs as well. I removed the backing paper off the inside of the tabs, and folded the tabs again to adhere them. I used my bone folder to make sure that everything was sticking well, and I also used it to rub the flaps. I found that doing this helps the mechanism to work easily, and applying powder along the tabs and flaps helps a lot as well.

Next I folded the pocket panel in half and put the moving piece inside through the slit. And I put each flap into a small slit. I pulled on the tab to interlock everything, made sure that the moving piece was line up between the tabs, I removed the backing paper, and finally closed the pocket.

Next I cut a frame out of the oxide ink background and attached it on the magic picture changer pocket. I stuck the pocket on the right side of a dark blue card base, and adhered the remaining piece of background on the left using foam tape. I attached the grass borders and then I glued all the images on my panel using a combination of liquid glue, foam squares and glue dots. And finally, I added white highlights on the images like always, and I stuck the arrow handle at the top of the tab to be able to pull it.

Below or here


- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress Oxide inks: tumbled glass, peacock feathers, chipped sapphire, black soot
- Sakura white gel pen
- Liquid stardust by Lawn Fawn
- Large stitched rectangle stackables die set by Lawn Fawn
- Magic picture changer die set + add-on by Lawn Fawn
- Grassy knoll die set by Hello Bluebird
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- White embossing powder by Lawn Fawn
- Blue Jay cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire