Lawn Fawn - Magic Picture Changer Camping Scene

mardi 10 août 2021

 Hey there,

This week is all about our favorite products from Lawn Fawn. I love all kinds of interactive cards but my favorite are definitely magic picture changer cards, these are so fun to make!

I started by stamping the images using jet black ink and used the coordinating dies to cut them all. I also cut the tent elements out of pattern papers from the Perfectly Plaid Fall 6x6 paper pack + Chocolate bar cardstock + Paper Bag cardstock. I colored the images using my alcohol markers, and also added a bit of shadows on the pattern paper tents using brown alcohol markers.

Next I cut a panel measuring 8,5 x 4" and created a night sky using blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire and black soot oxide inks. I added a whole lot of texture: water droplets, black soot oxide ink + water splatters, liquid stardust and white acrylic paint + water splatters.


For the interactive part of my card, I started by cutting two pieces of paper: a long one for the pocket die, and a smaller one for the moving piece die, and traced the windows using a pencil.

On the long panel I stamped the campfire base, and on the small panel I stamped the campfire, and above that campfire, I stamped the smoke image as well.

I used the coordinating dies to cut a mask for each image, stuck those masks and then applied the exact same inks and added the exact same textures as before to my two panels. I let everything dry and removed the masks. And next I did some quick coloring using my alcohol markers again.

I added white highlights and details to those two images, and then did the whole magic picture changer mechanism. And I invite you to watch the video below to see how it was made.


When it was done, I tested it a few times to make the mechanism more smooth and next cut the frame that would go on my pocket element. I cut it out of the large panel I created before. I taped the frame die in the middle of that panel and sent it to my die cut machine. And then I attached it right on my magic picture changer pocket.

I cut an 8,5 x 4" card base out of Blue Jay cardstock. To stick the remaining panels of night sky and be at the same height as the pocket, I used foam tape, and to stick the pocket between those night panels, I just used double sided tape.


To ground my scene I cut a slimline wavy border out of Noble Fir that I stuck at the bottom of my panel. Next I stuck the tents and then the images. Once my scene was complete, I created the handle to pull the tab. I cut it out of Chocolate Bar cardstock and Peacock cardstock. I attached the brown element first at the top of the tab using liquid glue, and then I added the small arrow in the middle.

Finally I created my sentiment. I white heat embossed it on a Paper Bag banner and stuck right below the handle using foam squares, and as usual I added white highlights and details to the images.


VIDEO



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
S'more the merrier
- Screen time
- On the beach
- Happy trails
- Oh gnome
- Dad + me
- Toadally awesome
- Super star
- Special delivery
- Butterfly kisses
- Swan soiree
- Joy to the woods

Die sets - Magic picture changer die set - Build a campsite die set - Stitched simple wavy border Misc - Perfectly plaid Fall 6x6 paper pack - Noble fir cardstock - Chocolate bar cardstock - Paper bag cardstock - Blue jay cardstock - Peacock cardstock - Clear embossing ink - White embossing powder - Jet black ink - Post it notes


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers - Graph'it brush markers - Oxide inks: blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire, black soot - Distress ink: forest moss - Sakura white gel pen

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire