Sunny Studio - Bells & Baubles Shaker Ornament

samedi 9 décembre 2023

Hello there,

I was back on Sunny Studio's blog this week with this shaker ornament showcasing Bells & Baubles. As you can see, I kind of went out of my comfort zone with this gold and black color palette, I'm more of a let-throw-all-the-colors-on-one-single-card kind of girl, but I was actually inspired by my friend and fellow crafter Bobbi Lemanski who recently shared a beautiful set of black + gold + white tags, and I thought it would be a fun challenge for me.


So I started off by stamping five baubles on 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock using Lawn Fawn premium dye inks. I stamped each image twice to get a nice impression, and then used the coordinating dies to cut everything. Here are the color combinations I picked:  golden baubles: butter + sunflower + no. 2 pencil  black baubles: manatee + hippo + black licorice  toppers: no. 2 pencil.

I cut a scalloped oval frame out of black cardstock using the largest die from Scalloped Oval Mat 1 and the largest die from Stitched Oval 2. I also cut an acetate panel using the largest die from Scalloped Oval Mat 1 again, and attached that acetate panel at the back of my black scalloped frame using liquid glue. I stamped my "Merry Christmas" greeting from Bells & Baubles at the bottom of the acetate panel using white stazon ink.


I attached the baubles directly on the acetate using 1mm foam squares, and added golden threads that I secured and stuck at the top back of the frame using thin pieces of tape. I added foam strips at the back of my frame, all along the oval shape, and poured my shaker material inside the acetate window: golden sequins from my stash, and White Snowflake Confetti.

Next I created the handle for my ornament. I cut two black pieces using the smallest die from Stitched Arch, and attached both elements back to back using liquid glue. I also cut two gold mirror eyelets using a die from Sliding Window, attached one of them on the front of my handle, and the second at the back.


Using the largest die from Scalloped Oval Mat 1 again, I cut a panel out of a Classic Sunburst black paper, and attached my handle piece at the top back using liquid glue. I cut another scalloped panel out of black cardstock that I glued at the back of the other, and then stuck that panel to the foam strips to totally close my shaker ornament. To finish it nicely, I added golden thread on the handle, tied a bow using ribbon from my stash and attached it at the top of the frame using liquid glue.


SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Bells & baubles stamp set
- Scalloped oval mat 1 die set
- Stitched oval mat 1 die set
- Sliding window die set
- Stitched arch die set
- Classic sunburst paper pack
- White snowflake confetti


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Premium dye inks by Lawn Fawn: butter, sunflower, no. 2 pencil, manatee, hippo, black licorice
- Cotton white stazon ink by Tsukineko
- Golden sequins by Spellbinders
- Acetate by Crafter's Companion
- Black licorice cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Ribbon from my stash
- Golden thread by Stampin Up!
- 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire