Lawn Fawn - Honey Bear Shaker Card

mardi 2 mai 2023

 Hello there,

I'm thrilled to be back on Lawn Fawn Blog and YouTube channel with this lovely spring card featuring a cute bear and his jar of honey, as well as some sweet little bees.

As very often, the idea I had in mind included lots of bits and pieces, so I needed a bigger panel than the usual A2 size to be able to fit all the pieces, so I cut my main panel out of Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock using the Peekaboo Pop-Up die set, and the first thing I did was to color it using stencils and oxide inks. I created two grass borders at the bottom of my panel using the Grassy stencil and Grassy Hillside stencil along with shabby shutters and mowed lawn oxide inks. And on the top section I used the Spring Blossoms stencils along with shabby shutters, mowed lawn, spun sugar and worn lipstick oxide inks to get a beautiful floral sky and emphasize the spring theme.

I never leave an oxide ink background without adding texture so this is what I did next. I first mixed rustic wilderness oxide ink with water and splattered droplets on the grass borders. I mixed a few drops of copic opaque white ink with water and this time added splatters all over the panel, and for the top section I mixed mustard seed oxide inks with water and splattered droplets on the floral section.

Next step was to create the honey jar, and I invite you to watch the process video (linked down below) to see how it was made. It's always more understandable with images.

Next I worked on the bit and pieces I wanted to feature on my panel. I cut all the elements to build the bear, the bees and the flowers, and you will find a detailed list of the products (papers + dies) I used down below. So I assembled and glued all the pieces together, and then I attached everything on my panel using foam squares mostly.

Finally for my greeting I cut a banner, white heat embossed my sentiment on top of it, and then attached the banner above the bear.


VIDEO



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
- How you bean + coordinating dies
- How you bean strawberry add-on (greeting)

Die sets
- Panel: peekaboo pop-up
- Banner: heart garland backdrop landscape
- Tag: stitched teapot
- Dripping honey: I scream you scream
- Bees: meadow backdrop portrait
- Bear: woodland critter huggers + woodland critter huggers winter add-on + stitched cupcake + build a snowman
- Flowers: spring flowers backdrop + little flowers + apple border

Stencils
- Spring blossoms
- Grassy
- Grassy hillside

Cardstock & papers
- Yellow paper from Watercolor wishes rainbow
- Banner: guava
- Tag: speckled eggshell
- Bees: vellum, sunflower, black licorice, storm cloud
- Bear: paper bag, kraft, chocolate bar, ground coffee, ballet slippers, vanilla malt
- Flowers: white, ballet slippers, cilantro, shimmer yellow (pastels pack)

Misc
- Crunchy leaf ink
- Clear embossing ink

OTHER SUPPLIES


- Oxide inks: shabby shutters, mowed lawn, spun sugar, worn lipstick, rustic wilderness, mustard seed, black soot, vintage photo, ground espresso
- Sakura white gel pen
- Golden heart sequins by Pretty Pink Posh
- Twine from my stash
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (background)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire