Sunny Studio - Rainbow Bright Balloons

jeudi 18 mai 2023

Hey there,

I'm so happy to be back on Sunny Studio's blog with this bright and cheerful birthday card showcasing some Bright Balloons. Once again I went for a rainbow theme, definitely a safe bet to make someone smile, and I started off by creating the background. I cut a 5,5 x 4,25 inches Quilted Heart Landscape panel, and used blue oxide inks to color it: salty ocean + blueprint sketch + chipped sapphire. As always I added splatters on my panel to make it less flat: chipped sapphire + water splatters, and white ink + water splatters.


Once my Quilted Heart Landscape panel was dry, I cut a 5,5 x 4,25 inches panel out of a rainbow pattern paper from the Spring Fling paper pack, and I attached my Quilted Heart panel on top using 1mm foam squares.

Next I cut three round shaped balloons and two oval shaped balloons using dies from Bright Balloons. I used another rainbow pattern paper from the Spring Fling paper pack to cut them all, and to really make them stand out on the blue background, I cut additional balloons out of gold glitter cardstock. I stuck a gold glitter balloon behind each rainbow balloon, and I attached them on my panel using foam squares.

To make the balloons pop even more, I cut the highlight details out of white cardstock using dies from Bright Balloons, and I gave each balloon its own highlights. And I also wanted to add a string below each balloon, so I used a die from Comic Strip Everyday to cut five light grey strings that I glued on the panel using liquid glue.


For my sentiment, I started by cutting a black banner using a die from Notebook Photo Corners, I white heat embossed the "Floating by to say happy birthday" greeting from Floating by on it, and then I attached the banner on my panel right below the balloons using 1mm foam squares. And finally I glued a few golden heart sequins here and there to bring even more shine to my card.


SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Bright balloons die set
- Quilted heart landscape backdrop die
- Comic strip everyday die set
- Notebook photo corners die set
- Floating by stamp set
- Spring fling paper pack


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Oxide inks: salty ocean, blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire
- Copic opaque white ink
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Golden heart sequins by Pretty Pink Posh
- Gold glitter cardstock by Concord & 9th
- Black licorice cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire