Sunny Studio - Happy Bastille Day

jeudi 6 juillet 2023

Hello there,

In case you don't know, I'm French, and next week on July 14th we will celebrate Bastille Day. I never make cards or anything crafty for this day, so I thought it would be fun to mark the occasion and finally create something to celebrate our National Day. My card features four adorable kitties from Birthday Cat, and to complete my scene, I shopped my entire Sunny Studio collection and found the perfect images that match today's theme.


So I started off with the coloring. I stamped the images on Transotype perfect coloring paper using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, as always I cut them all using the coordinating dies, and then colored everything using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers and Graph'it Brush markers. Of course I went for a blue, white and red color palette to match the French flag, and in addition to the kitties from Birthday Cat, I picked:

- the hot air balloon + banners from Balloon Rides
- the Eiffel tower + beret from Paris Afternoon
- the stars from North Pole
- the birds from Seasonal Trees


I silver heat embossed the Eiffel tower from Paris Afternoon on the same paper as the images, and then I worked on the background. To fit the four hot air balloons, I went for a slimline design and cut an 8,5 x 3,5 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel that I colored using salty ocean + blueprint sketch + chipped sapphire oxide inks. I splattered my panel with copic opaque white ink, as well as a mix of black soot oxide ink and water.


I cut another 8,5 x 3,5 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel, and cut a cloud border out of it using a die from the Slimline Nature Borders die set. I added a little bit of color to that border using tumbled glass oxide ink, and then I stamped my sentiment on the right side. I stamped the words "Floating by to say" from Floating By in black, and I silver heat embossed the word "Bonjour" from Charming City.

I attached everything on my dark blue panel using 1mm and 2mm foam squares, and finally added highlights and details to the images using a white gel pen.


SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Birthday card stamp set
- Balloon rides stamp set
- Paris afternoon stamp set
- North pole stamp set
- Seasonal trees stamp set
- Floating by stamp set
- Charming city stamp set
- Slimline nature borders die set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: salty ocean blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire, tumbled glass
- Sakura white gel pen
- Copic opaque white ink
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Silver embossing powder by Lawn Fawn
- Detail black ink by Pinkfresh Studio
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (background)
- Transotype perfect coloring paper (images)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire