Sunny Studio - Mermaid Kisses Underwater Rainbow Shaker Card

jeudi 23 mai 2024

Hello there,

I'm so happy to be back on Sunny Studio's blog with this bright underwater card featuring the amazing Summer Jar Mug that I paired with the gorgeous mermaid from Mermaid Kisses. When I first saw those mermaids, I knew I'd be rainbow coloring them at some point, so here we are!


As very often, I stamped my images on 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, I cut them using the matching dies, and colored everything using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers and my Graph'it brush markers using my favorite rainbow combo: pink, orange, yellow, lime, aqua, purple.

Here is a detailed list of the stamp sets I used:  Mermaid Kisses: mermaids, seaweeds, starfish, stars and shells  Magical Mermaids: bubbles, seaweeds, small fish  Best Fishes: clown fish, seaweeds


Next I created a Summer Jar Mug shaker, and here are the different steps to build it:
1. Cut a jar frame out of holographic cardstock, cut a whole jar out of acetate, and stick the holographic frame on the acetate jar using liquid glue
2. Cut more jar frames, and attach them on the acetate (the number of extra frames depends on the thickness of the shaker accessories, for my seed beads and confetti, I cut and attached five extra jar frames)
3. Cut a whole jar out of pearlescent vellum, and stick a mermaid as well as a couple of seaweeds on the vellum using liquid glue
4. Pour shaker accessories on the acetate
5. Attach the pearlescent vellum jar to the jar frame to totally close the shaker


For my background, I went for an underwater rainbow background to match the mermaids and fish. I cut a 5,5 x 4,25 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel, and started off by creating a sand border at the bottom using a hillside stencil from my stash along with antique linen and vintage photo oxide inks. I mixed some vintage photo oxide ink with water and used a small brush to make splatters on the sand border, and then I colored the upper part of my panel using, from top to bottom, kitsch flamingo, dried marigold, squeezed lemonade, twisted citron and salvaged patina oxide inks.


Next I used a wavy stencil from my stash along with, from top to bottom, picked raspberry, carved pumpkin, mustard seed, mowed lawn, peacock feathers oxide inks to make my rainbow background more interesting. I mixed some wilted violet oxide ink with water, and then some black soot oxide ink, and used a small brush to make more splatters on my panel. And then I did the same with copic opaque white ink to add more brightness.


Once my panel was dry, I white heat embossed my "You mermaid to be awesome" greeting from Mermaid Kisses, and attached everything (images and shaker jar) using 1mm and 2mm foam squares. I added white blizzard nuvo drops on the bubbles to make them sparkle, and finished my card by adding highlights and details to the images using a white gel pen.


SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Mermaid kisses stamp set
- Magical mermaids stamp set
- Best fishes stamp set
- Summer jar mug die set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: kitsch flamingo, picked raspberry, dried marigold, carved pumpkin, squeezed lemonade, mustard seed, twisted citron, mowed lawn, salvaged patina, peacock feathers, wilted violet, black soot
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- White blizzard nuvo drops
- Jet black ink by Lawn Fawn
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing ink by Hero Arts
- Hillside stencil by Lawn Fawn
- Wavy lines stencil by My Favorite Things
- Iridescent confetti by Studio Katia
- Seed beads by Pretty Pink Posh
- Holographic cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Pearlescent vellum by Lawn Fawn
- 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock (images)
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (background)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire