Sunny Studio - Juicy Watermelon Tropical Card

jeudi 9 mai 2024

Hello there,

I'm super happy to be back on Sunny Studio's blog today with this bright summer card featuring a mix and match of items, including the Juicy Watermelon die set. I love that Sunny Studio has come with fruit dies for summertime (Fresh LemonStrawberry PatchWild Cherry) and I can't wait to share more cards with those brand new items.


For today's card, I started off by cutting bits and pieces out of colored cardstock to build three Juicy Watermelon slices, as well as tropical leaves using Summer Greenery, and tropical flowers using the free gift with purchase. I set all those elements aside, and stamped my images on 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock using an alcohol marker friendly black ink. I cut them all using the coordinating dies, and colored everything using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers and Graph'it brush markers.

Here is a detailed list of the stamp sets I used: • Panda Party for the pandas • Seasonal Trees + Sending Sunshine for the palm trees • Special Day for the hearts • Fabulous Flamingos for the leaves, flowers and watermelon slices • Tiki Time for the toucans and cocktails


Once the coloring was done, I cut a Strathmore bristol smooth slimline panel, covered it with saltwater taffy oxide ink, and used a stencil from my stash along with worn lipstick, festive berries, shabby shutters, mowed lawn and hickory smoke oxide inks to create a watermelon pattern. I splattered water on my panel that I dried using a paper towel, mixed some black soot oxide ink with water and used a small brush to make splatters on the paper, and did the same with copic opaque white ink.


Next I attached everything on my slimline panel using liquid glue and foam squares, leaving enough space for my greetings, and then worked on those greetings which are from Beach Bus. I embossed "Summer" on yellow cardstock and cut it using the matching die. And I embossed "Happy" and "Enjoy" on aqua cardstock, trimmed them into slim banners, and then attached those three pieces on my panel using 2mm foam squares. As always I added highlights and details to the images using a white gel pen, and finally applied white blizzard nuvo drops to the hearts to make them sparkle.


SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Juicy watermelon die set
- Summer greenery die set
- Beach bus stamp set
- Panda party stamp set
- Seasonal trees stamp set
- Sending sunshine stamp set
- Special day stamp set
- Fabulous flamingos stamp set
- Tiki time stamp set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: saltwater taffy, worn lipstick, festive berries, hickory smoke, black soot, shabby shutters, mowed lawn
- Watermelon stencils by Pretty Pink Posh
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Jet black ink by Lawn Fawn
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Fine embossing powder by Hero Arts
- White blizzard nuvo drops
- Colored cardstock by The Stamp Market
- 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock (images)
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (background)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire