Pretty Pink Posh - Outer Space Fancy Card

lundi 1 juillet 2024


Hey there,

I'm thrilled to announce that I'll be staying in Pretty Pink Posh design team for another term, and for the occasion, I'm back with this bright and colorful Fancy Card showcasing several items, a good mix & match of stamps just the way I like them!


I started off by stamping my images on 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, I cut them all using the matching dies, and colored everything using my alcohol markers. And one of my favorite color combination when I make a galaxy themed card is blue, aqua, purple and pink, so I went to town with those fun colors.

Here is a detailed list of the products I used:  Outer Space for the planets, spaceship, stars and UFO  Monster Hugs for the aliens  Sports for the smallest planets  Lucky for the rainbows.


I cut a 5,5 x 4,25 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel, and started off by inking the bottom using a hill stencil from my stash along with hickory smoke and black soot oxide inks to create part of an unknown planet, and basically make room for my three Monster Hugs aliens to stand on. I added texture to this small section: I mixed some black soot oxide ink with water, and a small brush to add splatters on the paper, and did the same with copic opaque white ink.

On the upper part, I created a galaxy background using salvaged patina, wilted violet and blueprint sketch oxide inks. I applied and blended those inks in a random way all over the panel, and did it twice to get a bright result. Next I added fun details using the Layered Shooting Stars stencils along with prize ribbon oxide ink, and then added texture to my panel, starting with water droplets that I dried with a paper towel. Next I mixed some black soot oxide ink with water, and used my small brush again to add splatters to my panel, I did the same with copic opaque white ink and with liquid stardust as well.


Once my panel was dry, I white heat embossed two different greetings: "You are out of this world" from Outer Space on this upper right corner, and "Eye like a lot" from Monster Hugs at the very bottom.


I cut two Fancy Card panels using the second and third dies from that set, and used the same oxide inks, the same stencils, added the same textures to make those two panels match with the main one. Once they were dry, I attached a panel on each side of the main one by folding the tabs and sticking them at the back of the main panel using liquid glue. And to make the back of my two panels match with the whole galaxy/alien theme, I used the same Fancy Card dies I used before, cut two starry panels out of an Echo Park Monster Mash pattern paper, trimmed the tabs off, and attached the panels using liquid glue again.


I attached my assembled panel to a white card base, and then stuck all the images using 1mm and 2mm foam squares. I added highlights and details using a white gel pen, and finally applied white blizzard nuvo drops to each star to make them sparkle.


PRETTY PINK POSH SUPPLIES
- Fancy card die set
- Outer space stamp set
- Monster hugs stamp set
- Sports stamp set
- Lucky stamp set
- Layered shooting stars stencils


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: salvaged patina, wilted violet, blueprint sketch, prize ribbon, hickory smoke, black soot
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Liquid stardust by Lawn Fawn
- Jet black ink by Lawn Fawn
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Hillside stencil by Lawn Fawn
- Monster Mash pattern paper by Echo Park
- 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock (images)
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (background)

1 commentaire: