My Favorite Things - St Patrick's Parade - Shaker Card

vendredi 17 mars 2017

Hello there!

Here is a new shaker card -yes I know, again, but I think they're my favorite to make, they're so fun- to celebrate St Patrick's day. I also use Spectrum Noir markers for the first time, and I have to say that I really enjoyed coloring my little mice with them!


I first started by preparing my two main papers. I die cut three windows from a green pattern paper (I switched it later in the process for a brighter one) and two scallop borders from a white rectangle.

I stamped my three little mice on white cardstock using my misti tool and an alcohol marker friendly black ink, colored them using Spectrum Noir markers and cut them using the coordinating dies.


Next step: I started to build the shaker card. I glued a piece of clear acetate at the back of my green panel using double sided tape. And then I attached several thin strips of foam tape to create three spaces for my shaker material.


With all the sequins, beads, etc... in their little area, I applied white glue to the foam strips and attached another piece of the same bright green patter paper. Then I stamped my sentiment under the three little windows using my misti tool. It wouldn't stamp correctly because of the foam under it, so I fixed the letters with a black pen off camera.


I attached the mice using double sided tape and liquid glue, and then the green panel on the white scallop piece. I finally attached the whole thing on a white card base, glued some clear sequins, and added black dots on the eyes and white on the tails to finish the card.

 VIDEO
Below or here

SUPPLIES
- Strike up the band stamp set + coordinating dies from My Favorite Things
- Stitched triple peek-a-boo window die from My Favorite Things
- Scallop border die from Pretty Pink Posh
- Green pattern paper from the Celebrate Easter 6x6 pack by Echo Park
- Spectrum Noir markers: CG1, CG2, IG1, IG2, PP1, CT1, CT2, BG4
- Memento tuxedo black ink from Tsukineko
- 80lb + 110lb solar white cardstock from Neenah
- Sequins, beads, clear droplets from Pretty Pink Posh and my stash
- Black enamel accents from Ranger
- White gel pen from Uniball

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire