Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #36 - Hello Fall

samedi 8 septembre 2018


Hello there,

I know I've already started my Holiday Card Series but the new Lawn Fawnatics "Moodboard" Challenge allows me to share my first Fall card of the year. I picked a bunch of dies and stamps from Lawn Fawn to create this cute little scene.

Here is the image that inspired me:


I first started by stamping my images on Neenah Solar White cardstock. Just a few, as the whole card is about the autumn colors of the scenery. I colored them using my alcohol markers, and then cut them using the coordinating dies.


Then I die cut all the elements I needed to build the scene: a tree backdrop in dark brown cardstock, leaves in green, yellow and red cardstocks, a large frame in red cardstock, tree borders in dark brown cardstock and their foliage in the same colors as the leaves, a hill border, a grass border and a cloud border (to make bushes) in green cardstock.


My colors of cardstocks were a little bit too flat so I added some distress ink to all the die cut elements to add some depth and interest. The sky was created using orange and yellow distress oxide inks on Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock.

On this sky panel, I attached the cloud border (bushes) and the hill border. I cut the trees from the dark brown tree borders, tucked them the bushes and glued them along with the foliage.


At the bottom of the tree backdrop frame, I attached the grass border, and next on top of it I attached the red rectangle frame. At the back of one of the branches I attached the swing. I gold heat embossed my sentiment on the top right corner of the sky. And I finally attached the tree backdrop panel on top of the sky panel to complete the scenery.

Next I attached the images and the leaves using liquid glue and/or glue dots and/or foam adhesive squares. To finish the card, I simply attached the whole panel to a kraft card base.

VIDEO
Below or here

LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Let's play stamp set + coordinating dies
- Toboggan together stamp set + coordinating dies
- Cheery Christmas stamp set + coordinating dies
- Critters on the farm stamp set + coordinating dies
- Leafy tree background: landscape die set
- Stitched tree border die set
- Grassy border die set
- Simple stitched hillside border die set
- Puffy cloud border die set
- Stitched rectangle frame die set

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
-  Distress inks: forest moss, fired brick, rusty hinge, ground espresso
- Colored cardstocks from my stash
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- Neenah solar white cardstock
- Kraft cardstock from Hero Arts
- White gel pen from UniBall
- Versamark ink
- Antique gold embossing powder from Simon Says Stamp

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire