Holiday Card Series 2019 w/ Hero Arts & Arteza - Watercolored Nights Skies

samedi 17 août 2019

Hey there,

I'm back with a trio of Christmas cards featuring a stamp set by Hero Arts and watercolors by Arteza. Feel welcome to watch the video below to see those watercolors in action.

If you're interested in buying those water colors or other supplies from Arteza, know that you get 10% off your order with the code MarineSimon2. And it's valid until September 15th ^^

To try those water colors, I thought that creating night skies would be nice, so I tape watercolor paper on a wooden board, adhered a mask in the middle to create the moon, applied a generous amount of clear water and started playing with the paints.

For the first background, I used viridian green and prussian blue. I first applied viridian green around the mask and then added prussian blue on the rest of the panel. To darken my sky I added black towards the edges, and next I came back with the other colors to blend everything nicely.

I used my heat tool to dry the paint, and again I played with the same colors to get a more vibrant result. And to added titanium white around the Moon to add more light.



For the second background, I used yellow pale, orange yellow, vermilion red, lilac and titanium white. Like the first background, I applied a first layer of paint that I dried using my heat tool, and then I applied a second layer.



For the third background, I used rose, lilac, noir and titanium white.



I chose the trees from the Winter Silhouettes stamp set by Hero Arts because they were just perfect for what I had in mind. I stamped a whole bunch of trees on my panel using black versafine ink, following the edges. This way it's like we're in the clearing, looking up to the moon.

When all the trees were stamped, I used my white gel pen to scribble on the trees to give the illusion of snow on the branches. Every winter night sky need snow so I splattered white paint on the panel. And after removing the mask, I stamped my sentiment using the same black ink. Finally I adhered my panel to a black card base.

VIDEO
Below or here

SUPPLIES
- Winter silhouettes stamp set by Hero Arts
- Black versafine ink
- Black cardstock by Simon Says Stamp
- Sakura white gel pen
- White paint by Hero Arts
- Masking paper by Simon Says Stamp

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire