Lawn Fawn - Mysterious Treasure - Center Picture Window Card

samedi 10 août 2019

Hey there,


In today's video, we go on an adventure on a pirate ship looking for a mysterious treasure. And to create this card, I used the center picture window die set and add-on for the first time, as well as some other stamp and die sets.



So I started by die cutting all the elements I needed to build my scene, all out of bristol cardstock: two card bases, one for the background and one that I will use for the front of my card and to cut borders, a center element, and two insert pieces.




To begin, I took one card base and applied tumbled glass and salty ocean oxide inks on one side. Next I cut the second card base in half, and used the same inks to color one half. And of course, I never leave a background without adding texture so first I splattered water on my panels, used a paper towel to absorb it, and then i used the same inks mixed with water to create tiny drops on my panels.



Next I took the other half of my second card base to die cut a hill border and a wavy border. I applied cracked pistachio on the wavy border and added lucky clover at the bottom to create more depth. I also stamped tiny waves on the border. And then I applied antique linen and vintage photo oxide inks on the hill border, and added drops of the same inks to create sand texture.



When everything was dry, I used the oval die to create a window in the small blue panel.



And I applied twisted citron, cracked pistachio and lucky clover oxide inks on the other side of my card base to create the inside of the card.



Here's how I imagine the card: on the front we'll have a pirate ship approaching the coasts of a desert island, the pirates are looking for a treasure and maybe they will find it on this island, and on the inside, we'll have two pirates who have found the treasure that was hidden in a cave deep inside the jungle.



A cave is supposed to be dark so I needed to create a black background for it. So I aligned the middle line in the center picture window element with the middle line on the panel and used a pencil to mark where the tabs are supposed to be. I traced vertical lines from those pencil marks, adhered some washi tape and applied black soot oxide ink in the middle of my card base to create the back of my cave.



Next I colored the last elements: two hill borders and also the insert pieces. Contrary to the front of the card that takes place on the beach, the inside of the card takes place in the jungle so I used vintage photo and ground espresso to get a dirt effect.



I cut a center picture window element out of licorice cardstock. I knew it would be covered but still, I wanted it to match the black background. And I used the oval die to create an opening. I applied double sided tape on the tabs, folded the element in half right on the score line, and folded the tabs on the score lines using my bone folder. And I did the same thing with the insert elements.




Next step was to assemble everything. I started with the dirt borders that I attached at the bottom and 2 or 3 millimeters on the black part. This way the edges of the borders will be hidden behind the center picture window element. I folded the card base in half right on the score line, I removed the back of the tape on the right tab, folded this tab, aligned the score line of this black center picture window element with the middle line on the card base, and pressed down to adhere the tab to the card base. And I did the same thing with the insert pieces.



Next I folded those three elements in half, removed the back of the tape, and closed the card base to adhere everything. Next I assembled the outside by simply layering the different elements and attaching them on the front of the card using foam squares.

All the images were stamped on neenah cardstock using jet black ink and  colored them using my alcohol markers. When everything was colored, I cut them using the coordinating dies, and attached them using glue dots.

I wanted the chest to be perfectly centered in the center picture window so I used the T shape die to create a nice score line right in the middle of it of the chest. But before attaching this chest, I used the rocks to create the outside of the cave. I cut them or folded them and adhered them using glue dots. I added ivy leaves to match my jungle theme, and attached the chest inside the cave. And to get more of this tropical/jungle theme, I glued additional flowers and leaves between the rocks.

For my sentiment, I first used the banner die from the set with black licorice cardstock, and white heat embossed "you're a treasure" on it. I folded it in half and adhered inside my card using liquid glue. And to totally complete the card, I cut a rectangle out of white cardstock using the die from the set, and attached it at the back.


VIDEO
Below or here

LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Center picture window die set + add-on
- Simple stitched hillside borders
- Stitched simple wavy borders
- Ahoy, matey stamp + die sets
- Critters in the jungle stamp + die sets
- Mermaid for you stamp + die sets
- Oh gnome stamp + die sets
- Critters from the past stamp + die sets
- Black licorice cardstock
- Jet black ink
- Glue tube
- Clear embossing ink
- Teflon bone folder
- White embossing powder

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Oxide inks: tumbled glass, salty ocean, cracked pistachio, lucky clover, antique linen, vintage photo, twisted citron, black soot
- Strathmore bristol cardstock
- Sakura white gel pen

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire