Hello Bluebird - Merry Mice stamp set + Treehouse Scene die set

mardi 29 octobre 2019

Hi there,

I'm glad to be back with a Hello Bluebird card showcasing the brand new Merry Mice stamp set, as well as the new Treehouse scene die set and Treehouse Holiday add-on.


I first started by cutting a rectangle panel out of bristol cardstock, as well as the treehouse. I applied spun sugar oxide on most of the panel, and added worn lipstick at the very top of it for some contrast and to get a soft and nice sky. As always I added texture by splattering water on my panel, and I mixed worn lipstick oxide ink with water and added drops to my panel. And for a touch of magic, I also splattered drop of white shimmery paint on the paper.


I wanted the house to be soft so I lightly applied hickory smoke distress ink on it. I used the same ink to color the door and windows frames and the window box, and I added drops of that ink on the treehouse. I die cut another treehouse but just to cut the door out of it, and colored it using worn lipstick distress ink. And I used that same ink to color the tiny shutters as well.




Next I cut three hill borders using dies from the Hill and dale die set out of white glitter cardstock and attached them at the bottom of my panel using foam tape. And then I assembled and attached all the house elements using liquid glue. To give dimension to the shutters, I added a small foam square at their back before attaching them.


I added soft yellow pieces of cardstock at the back of the house and attached it to my panel using foam tape and glue dots. I added clear shimmer to those yellow elements, and I also stuck the door handle that I cut out of silver mirror cardstock.




I stamped my images from the Merry Mice stamp set using memento tuxedo black ink and colored them using my spectrum noir markers. When the coloring part was done, I cut the images using the coordinating dies, and before assembling everything, I cut two strings of lights using dies from the Treehouse Holiday add-on die set and colored these elements using my markers again.




I wanted the entire house to have a frosty look, so I first applied a layer of liquid glue on different spots, such as the top of the door and windows or the branches, and then I sprinkled glitter on the glue and set the panel aside to let it dry. Once the glue and glitter were dry, I attached the strings of lights and I applied a coat of white blizzard nuvo drops on the lights to make them shine and sparkle.


And then I finally assembled everything using glue dots, foam squares and liquid glue. I stamped my sentiment in the top left hand corner and the final touch was to stuck my panel to a white card base and to add white highlights on the images using a white gel pen.


VIDEO
Below or here



HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES

- Merry Mice stamp + die sets
- Treehouse scene die sets
- Treehouse holiday add-on
- Hill and dale die set

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Oxide inks: spun sugar, worn lipstick
- Distress inks: hickory smoke, worn lipstick
- White shimmery paint by Creative Expressions
- White blizzard nuvo drop by Tonic Studio
- Prisma glitter by Lawn Fawn
- Sticky note cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Pixie dust cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- 80lb neenah solar white cardstock
- Silver mirror cardstock from my stash
- Memento tuxedo black ink

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire