Lawn Fawn - 4th of July Slimline Card

lundi 29 juin 2020

Hey there,

Look who's back! It's our cute mice family and they're celebrating the 4th of July in New York City! Like always I stamped a bunch of images coming from different sets because I wanted to recreate some iconic things in that city: some brownstone houses, a yellow cab, and a hot dog stand.


So I stamped everything on Neenah Solar White cardstock using jet back ink and colored using my alcohol markers.

When it was done, I moved on to the background. I cut a slimline panel measuring 8,5 x 3,5" and used firework dies to create three of them at the top of my panel.


To color my sky, I used chipped sapphire distress ink on one half of the panel, trying to keep the firework spots pretty light. For the biggest firework I used blueprint sketch distress ink. For the medium one, I used candied apple distress ink. And for the small one I used white pigment ink.

Next I splattered water drops on my panel that I dried using my paper towel, And then, to emphasize the firework effect I splattered a bunch of liquid stardust on my sky, and I insisted on the firework spots to make them really sparkly.


For the bottom of my panel, I die cut some elements: three grass borders and two straight borders that I will use as a road or path. To color the grass borders, I used peeled paint and forest moss distress inks, and for the straight borders, I used antique linen and gathered twigs distress inks.

I stamped my sentiment 'Happy 4th of July' on the smallest grass border and attached all the borders at the bottom of my panel. And then I glued all the images using glue dots to finally create my cute New York City scene.

Once everything was attached, I ended up with a gap between the houses and fireworks so I stamped a second sentiment 'Let's Celebrate'. And I wanted to emphasize the firework effect even more so I applied white blizzard nuvo drops along the lines to add a final touch of sparkles in the night sky.


VIDEO
(click on the picture below)



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
Let's bbq
Holiday party animal
Plan on it: meal planning
Dandy day
Happy harvest
On the beach
Here we go a waddling
Super star
Coaster critters
Baked with love
Wild for you
Love poems
Winter village
Happy village
Village shops
You're just my type

Die sets
Large stitched 4 bar rectangles
Stitched fireworks
Grassy border
Harold's ABCs

Misc.
Jet black ink
Liquid stardust
Blue jay cardstock

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: chipped sapphite, blueprint sketch, candied apple, peeled paint, forest moss, antique linen, gathered twigs
- White pigment ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- White Blizzard nuvo drops by Tonic Studio
- 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire