Lawn Fawn - Interactive Baby Card

mardi 16 juin 2020

Hey there,

Today we join our cute mice family again in a very special occasion. Kelly and Mike, the owners of Lawn Fawn, just had a baby boy, and to help in the house, those sweet little mice have offered to take care of the laundry.

Like always I used multiple stamp sets to create my card, so make sure to check the list of supplies below the video at the end of this post.


I first started by stamping all the images on 80 pounds Neenah Solar White cardstock using Jet Black ink, and I colored everything using my alcohol markers.

When it was done, I cut a Reveal Wheel panel out of Strathmore bristol cardstock. And I invite you to watch the video below to see how I dit cut the circle window. It's easier to explain with images than with words ^^

Once the window was cut out, I created a simple sky using the cloudy stencil along with tumbled glass distress ink. And I added a little bit of texture to the clouds by splattering drops of salty ocean distress ink miwed with water using very thin brush. And I also added drops of liquid stardust all over the panel to bring sparkles to the scene.



When my sky was dry, I die cut another reveal wheel panel, as well as a wheel and colored those elements the same way as the main panel, and again you can check my video to see the process ^^

Next I die cut a small circle and put a small brad though the little hole in the middle, and I put this brad at the back of the wheel through the hole as well. I opened the brad to keep the pieces together and I applied foam squares around the brad on the circle.

I removed the backing paper off the foam squares and placed the wheel behind the main reveal wheel panel, making sure to line up the clouds. And I pressed down onto the second reveal wheel panel to stick the wheel only.

I stamped my sentiment 'Welcome baby boy' at the top of the main panel using jet black ink. I applied foam tape around the wheel, making sure not to touch it, removed the backing paper, and attached the main panel on top.



To ground my scene, I cut a grass border that I colored it using shabby shutters and mowed lawn distress inks. I attached that border at the bottom of my panel, applied foam tape and double sided tape at the back of it and attached it on a 5,5 x 4,25" rainbow panel.

Next I attached the images, starting with one of the stakes. I cut it in three pieces, according to the shape of the panel, and I glued the middle piece in the background on the second cloud panel, and attached the two other pieces at the top and bottom on the front panel. This way the image is still a whole element but doesn't interfere in the wheel mechanism. And next I stuck the remaining images using a combination of liquid glue, foam squares and glue dots.

When everything was attached, I stamped tiny arrows directly on the wheel so the recipient of the card knows what to do, I also stamped a heart on the baby bodysuit and added white highlights on the images as well. And finally I applied some white blizzard nuvo drops on the butterflies, and added a few morning dew drops here and here to bring an extra touch of shine.

VIDEO
Below (click on the image) or here



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets

Die sets

Misc.

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: tumbled glass, salty ocean, shabby shutters, mowed lawn
- Sakura white gel pen
- White blizzard nuvo drops by Tonic Studio
- Morning dew nuvo drops by Tonic Studio
- 80lb neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire