Lawn Fawn - Pick of the Patch Shutter Card

jeudi 10 septembre 2020

 Hello there,

Lawn Fawn Fall & Winter release is finally available, so I'm super excited to share this shutter card with you today. This new die set is so easy to use and I had a lot of fun using it.

I started with the structure of card. I used the main die set as well as the add-on to cut my elements: a card base, two shutters and one center piece.


Originally you can build a thin sleeve to close the shutter card, but I decided to skip that part and to create a whole scene on the outside of the card well using the biggest rectangle from the Large Stitched 4 Bar rectangle die set. That die fits perfectly the size of the shutter card when it's closed. And I also cut three wavy borders and a tree.

So I started with the outside panel that I mostly covered with tumbled glass distress ink. I added a little bit of faded jeans distress ink at the top, and next I added some texture to my panel: water drops first, and then splatters of faded jeans and chipped sapphire distress inks mixed with water.

To color the three wavy borders, I used peeled paint and forest moss distress inks. And the tree was cut out of woodgrain cardstock and colored using vintage photo and ground espresso distress inks.


Once all my elements were done, I assembled everything on the rectangle panel, starting with the borders using double sided tape, and then the tree using liquid glue.

Next I colored my shutter card base using the same blue inks as before. And I colored the center piece and the two shutters using the same inks as well.

Next I created some hills using the same green inks as before along with a hillside stencil. And I did the same thing at the bottom of the center piece.


I assembled the shutter card and I started by folding the sides and tabs in. I used my bone folder to get a nice crease. I took the shutters and folded the tabs as well, I applied doubled sided tape on those tabs, and also at the back of the card base tabs.

The die has created marks on the card base, these are guides to help us place the shutters at the right spot. So I took the left shutter , removed the backing paper, placed it right up against the left panel between the marks, and I folded that left panel to stick the shutter to it   .

And I did the same thing with the right shutter: removed the backing paper, placed it between the marks right up against the right panel, and folded that panel to attach the shutter to it    .

Next I removed the backing paper off the top tab on the card base, I lined up the center piece with the bottom tab, and I pressed down at the top to stick the  the center piece to the tab. I removed the backing paper off the bottom tab, and attached the bottom of the center piece to finally complete my shutter card.


Next I moved on to the coloring. I stamped the images using jet black ink, used the coordinating dies to cut them all and colored everything using my alcohol markers.

When all my cute images were colored, I assembled them on the front panel and inside the card as well, using glue dots mostly but also liquid glue at some places.


To stamp my sentiment, I placed the shutter panel in my misti tool and used jet black ink to stamp "You're the pick of the patch".

Next I attached a piece of twine on the remaining white panel on the right using a small piece of tape, I cover that white panel with a pattern paper from the Into the Woods remix 6x6 paper pack, and I trimmed off the excess of paper.

With the shutter card closed, I applied double sided tape on the left flap and attached the front panel to that left flap.

Next, with the shutter card open, I attached another piece of twine on the white section at the back of the front panel. And then I stuck a piece of the same pattern paper as the other side. I trimmed off the excess of paper, and finally the card was done and ready to be closed.
 

VIDEO
(click on the picture below)



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
- Let's go nuts
- Pick of the patch
- Happy harvest
- Jump for joy
- Swan soirée
- Toadally awesome
- Oh gnome

Die sets
- Shutter card
- Shutter card add-on
- Stitched simple wavy borders
- Leafy tree backdrop landscape

Misc.
- Jet black ink
- Crunchy leaf ink
- Into the woods 6x6 paper pack
- Hillside stencil


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: tumbled glass, faded jeans, chipped sapphire, peeled paint, forest moss
- Sakura white gel pen
- 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- Twine by Stampin Up!

1 commentaire:

  1. Hi hun, now you’ve made 2 cards in 1 here. The outside panel in itself would be awesome attached to a card base lol, but adding the shutter to the inside is amazing. I love the Black birds keeping a watchful eye over what the squirrels are up too - probably hoping for the inside of the pumpkin to feast on. I like the squirrel that’s jumping into the open pumpkin looking to cause mischief. Again a stunning card with so much detail. Thanks as always for all your hard work, even more so that I’m on your Blogg n realise not only do you make the video then put it together with voice over, but then you type it all up step by step for your Blogg. Seriously your Super Woman in my eyes. Thanks for all you do. I’m going to sort my Spectrum Noir Markers out in morning as I’ll have a few hours free as my twin daughters 21 are going to go see their Grandma for her Birthday and taking my daughter Chloes baby Jace 9 months, so the house should be pieceful just me and my 2 dogs Jess n Jax. I can’t wait to start colouring and using some of your colour blends to get me started. Cheers Nessa xx

    RépondreSupprimer