Spooky Card Series with Hello Bluebird - Monochromatic Slimline Card

dimanche 20 septembre 2020

 Hey there,

I'm glad to be back with a monochromatic card showcasing Frightful Little Bits by Hello BluebirdI like to make that kind of card for Halloween, I think it gives an extra spooky mood to a project.

I stamped my images using memento tuxedo black ink. I cut them using the coordinating dies and used my alcohol markers to color everything.


To create the background I started by die cutting trees using the Birch Trees die set. I cut them out of Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock and used hickory smoke and black soot distress inks to color them.

To ground my little spooky scene, I cut three borders using the Ocean Waves Scene Horizontal die. that I colored using hickory smoke and black soot distress inks.


For the sky, I cut a circle out of masking paper that I attached in the middle of a Strathmore bristol panel, and again I used hickory smoke and black soot distress inks to create a dark sky. Next I added a lot of texture: water drops, black drops, white drops and also sparkly stars.


When the background was finally done, I removed the mask, attached the borders using foam tape, and used liquid glue to stick the birch trees on either side of the Moon. Next I attached all my cute images using glue dots. And finally I added white highlights on the images, as well as some grass details on the borders.


VIDEO
(click on the picture below)



HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES
- Frightful little bits stamp set
- Birch trees die set
- Ocean waves scene horizontal die

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: hickory smoke, black soot
- Sakura white gel pen
- White acrylic paint
- Liquid stardust by Lawn Fawn
- Memento tuxedo black ink
- 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

1 commentaire:

  1. OMG this is amazing and so unique. I’ve never seen a card in these colours. Your imagination is amazing. Your cards always seem to tell a little story aswell, I can imagine what the characters are saying too each other, (or a I going slightly mad) ha ha. I’d love to see another card for maybe Birthday in these colours, or like you said in video pinks and purple shades. See only you would think of something like that. I think I’m becoming your Number 1 fan, as I’m spending hours each evening watching your videos and learning so much from you. Again thanks for your hard work, it’s appreciated xx cheers Nessa xx

    RépondreSupprimer