Hello Bluebird - A Walk on the Pier

samedi 5 juin 2021

Hello there,

I'm back with a new Hello Bluebird scene, and today I'm taking you to the pier to meet some cute and fun seagulls and to watch the waves break on the lighthouse.


I started with the background and picked some oxide inks to create kind of a gloomy sky: speckled egg, peacock feathers and chipped sapphire. I applied the inks on a smooth watercolor 5,5 x 4,25" panel, and blended them as nicely as possible. Once I was happy with the blending, I added more details to my gloomy sky: water droplets that I dried with a paper towel, and I also brought more contrast by mixing some chipped sapphire oxide ink with water to create tiny droplets on the paper.


To ground my scene, I cut a simple rectangle that I colored using hickory smoke and black soot distress inks. And to add more interest and texture to this plain grey element, I used a brick stencil along with hickory smoke distress ink again. And I finished with some black soot droplets.

Next I stamped my images using extreme black ink by My Favorite Things. Cut them all using the coordinating dies and then colored everything using my alcohol markers as always. And once the coloring was done, I assembled and attached all the elements and images on my panel using foam squares and foam tape.


I white heat embossed my sentiment 'Rain or shine I'm here for you' on black cardstock, trimmed it into a small banner that I attached above the girl using foam squares. And finally, to match the gloomy and rainy theme, I added a few clear drops here and there.
 

VIDEO



HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES
- Singing in the rain
- By the sea background
- Springtime
- Frosty mornings
- Seaside girls
- Merry mice
- Party on the farm
- Rainy day


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: speckled egg, peacock feathers, chipped sapphire
- Distress inks: hickory smoke, black soot
- Brick stencil by Lawn Fawn
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- White embossing powder by Lawn Fawn
- Black licorice cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Morning dew nuvo drops by Tonic Studio
- Smooth watercolor cardstock by Vaessen Creative

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire