Hello Bluebird - Happy 4th of July

mardi 15 juin 2021

Hello there,

I'm back with a new Hello Bluebird slimline card and it's a 4th of July themed card! I don't make one every year but this gorgeous Flying High stamp set inspired me to create one.


I started by stamping my images using extreme black ink by My Favorite Things, I cut them all using the coordinating dies and then colored everything using my alcohol markers as always.

Once everything was colored, I assembled all the different elements on each balloon using liquid glue.


For the background I cut an 8,5 x 3,5" panel out of a smooth watercolor cardstock, I also cut some clouds using the Partly Cloudy die out of the same paper, and I attached all those clouds on my slimline panel to give it more interest. Next I colored that panel using tumbled glass, blueprint sketch and chipped sapphire oxide inks. I added lots of textures, starting as always with water droplets that I dried using a paper towel. I mixed some chipped sapphire oxide ink with water and added a bunch of droplets all over the paper, and next to get a festive sky, with some kind of fireworks, I added drops of liquid stardust, and finally I splattered white acrylic paint mixed with water to bring a touch of light.


Next I attached my three hot air balloons and three birds using foam squares. For my sentiment, I cut some letters using the Jane Small Alpha die set. I cut light blue letters to form the word 'Happy', and navy blue white and red letters to form the word 'Day'. And I cut all those letters a second time out of white cardstock to add an outline. And I attached them on the bottom right section using foam squares.



As always I added highlights on the images using my white gel pen, and then I added a few morning dew nuvo drops all around the balloons to make the scene even more festive. And I also applied a coat of glossy accents on my sentiment to make it super shiny.


VIDEO



HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES
- Flying high stamp set
- Jane small alpha die set
- Partly cloudy die


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: tumbled glass, blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire
- Liquid stardust by Lawn Fawn
- Morning Dew nuvo drops by Tonic Studio
- Sakura white gel pen
- Smooth watercolor cardstock by Vaessen Creative
- Colored cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Bright red cardstock by Simon Says Stamp

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire