Hello Bluebird - Birthday on the farm

dimanche 25 juillet 2021

 Hey there,

I'm back with a new Hello Bluebird card and this time I'm taking you to a farm to celebrate a birthday. As always I used images from different sets to create my little scene, so make sure to check the supplie list below for more details.

Stamped my images using extreme black ink by My Favorite Things, cut them all using the coordinating dies and then colored everyhting using my alcohol markers.

.
When the coloring was done, I created and colored all my background elements, starting with a very simple sky on a 5,5 x 4,25" panel, using tumbled glass and salty ocean distress inks along with a cloud stencil, and colored the sides only because I knew that most of the panel would be covered anyway.

Next I cut three scalloped borders out of red cardstock to make the roof of the barn and applied fired brick and black soot distress inks.

I also cut two grass borders. One (behind the barn) that I colored using shabby shutters and mowed lawn distress inks and one (in the foreground) that I colored using antique linen and gathered twigs distress inks.


Next I cut some elements out of some woodgrain cardstock to build the structure of the barn, and to match the whole scene and get a consistent look I also applied distress ink on those pieces: gathered twigs distress ink on the four edges of each element as well as some texture.

I assembled everything, starting with the roof. I stuck my three roof pieces on a pieces of dark brown cardstock using double sided sticky tape and then trimmed the paper on the sides. I also attached one of the wood planks right behind the bottom of the roof, and I used small pieces of foam squares behind each scallop section to bring more dimension, and then I assembled everything on my panel using double sided tape, liquid glue and foam squares.


Once everything was glued in place, I created my sentiment. I started by white heat embossing the second part of it 'it's your birthday' below the banner on the dark brown section, and for the first part I cut some letters to create the word 'Herd', and this way read 'Herd it's your birthday'. And I glued those letters above the banner right on the roof.

Off screen I added white highlights and details on the images, and applied a coat of glossy accents on the letters to make them pop.


VIDEO



HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES
Beach babes
- Party on the farm
- Pig out
- Feed the birds
- Silly birds
- Oliver alpha die set
- Basic borders die set
- Grassy knoll die set

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Distress inks: tumbled glass, salty ocean, fired brick, black soot, shabby shutters, mowed lawn, antique linen, gathered twigs, ground espresso
- Sakura white gel pen
- Glossy accents by Ranger
- Woodgrain cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Sunflower cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Cloud stencil by Lawn Fawn
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- White embossing powder by Lawn Fawn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire