Sunny Studio - Wonky Windows Underwater Shaker Card

jeudi 19 mai 2022

Hey there,

I'm so happy to be back on Sunny Studio blog with this bright and cute underwater card showcasing the new Wonky windows die. When I saw this new die from Summer release, I immediately thought of making a shaker card with it, so here we go!

I stamped the images first using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, I cut them all using the coordinating dies, and then colored everything using my alcohol markers. We have underwater critters and seaweeds from Fintastic friends and from Best fishes, I also picked the small rocks from Savanna safari, and the grass sprigs from Bunnyville to make more seaweeds.

Next I created my underwater panel. I cut a 5,5 x 4,25" bristol panel and used four oxide inks to make it, from bottom to top: salvaged patina, peacock feathers, ribbon prize and a teeny tiny bit of black soot.


Once my underwater panel was dry, I used the Wonky windows die to cut six openings out of it. I taped the die on one half of the panel, and sent it to my die cutting machine. I kept the inside pieces in the same order and set them aside, and I did the same thing on the other half of the panel. I flipped the die so that the bottom windows wouldn't be the same as the ones at the top and taped the die to the paper, and I sent it to my die cutting machine to cut three more openings and this way get a 3 x 2 grid.


Next I temporarily taped my six window panel to a card base, and I attached the inside pieces on the matching window. I removed the six window panel, and then created the shaker. I stuck a piece of clear acetate at the back of the panel, also added foam strips at the back to divide the six windows and make room for the shaker accessories, and before adding those shaker accessories, I just added powder inside the six windows, all along the edges, this way the jewels won't stick to the foam,

I cleaned the acetate using a microfiber cloth to remove the powder excess, I added a few clear jewels on each inside piece, and I finally attached my six window panel on top of the card base to totally close and complete my underwater shaker panel. And next I stuck all my cute images using glue dots mostly, and also foam squares at some places.


The last thing I did was creating the sentiment. I didn't want it to cover too much of the images, so I went with vellum. I white heat embossed the banner from Little birdie, and inside that banner I also white heat embossed "You're fintastic", I used the coordinating die to cut that banner that I finally attached in the middle of the card using three tiny dots of liquid glue.


VIDEO



SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Wonky windows die
- Fintastic friends stamp set
- Best fishes stamp set
- Savanna safari stamp set
- Bunnyville stamp set
- Little birdie stamp set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: salvaged patina, peacock feathers, prize ribbon, black soot, chipped sapphire
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Vellum by Lawn Fawn
- Clear jewels by Studio Katia
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire