Lawn Fawn - Father's Day Open Box Card

jeudi 5 mai 2022

Hello there,

I'm super happy to be back on Lawn Fawn YouTube channel with this box card. I've created a busy scene with lots of cute images, and also added a little twist to make an underwater viewing gallery.

I started off by stamping and die cutting the images first, and I colored them using my alcohol markers. With all the khaki green shades (the box itself, cattails and grass sprigs...) I went with yellow shades to color the ducks to make them all pop in the scene.


Next I worked on the box card. I cut two panels out of a paper from the textured dot bright paper pack, and I want to keep the back of the box only, so on one of the panels I cut both flaps, and on the other one I cut the smaller flap only. I folded the different score lines on both pieces, and next I created the opening. And I invite you to watch the process video down below to see how it was done, it's always easier to understand such things with images ^^


Next I decorated the panels: a white rectangle, two Flower market squares, as well as an Into the woods rectangle. I attached those elements on the panels, and next I cut six insert pieces. I added double sided sticky tape on the tabs and also folded those tabs, I stuck those insert pieces and assembled the box card. I just left the front of the box card open to be able to stick some images under the water. And speaking of sticking images, I attached them all using 3mm glue dots.


Once all my images were attached, I closed and sealed the box card, and then I added some flies into the scene. I cut thin strips of acetate and stuck a fly at the end of each strip, and I attached those acetate strips inside the box card using glue dots.

I cut some Henry's ABCs letters to make the word "Dad", I also white heat embossed my sentiment on a black licorice banner, and also cut a white frame to make the underwater viewing gallery pop. I attached all those elements to totally finish my pop-up box card.


VIDEO



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
- Rub a dub dub flip-flop
- Rub a dub dub
- You are sublime
- Dad + me
- Mermaid for you
- Ocean shell-fie
- Swan soiree
- Toadally awesome
- Beary happy holidays
- Let's play

Die sets
- Scalloped box card pop-up
- Large stitched rectangle stackables
- Small stitched rectangle stackables
- Stitched simple wavy borders
- Grassy border
- Flippin' awesome
- Henry's ABCs

Papers
- Flower market paper pack
- Into the woods remix paper pack
- Watercolor wishes paper pack
- Textured dot bright cardstock
- Textured canvas cardstock
- White cardstock
- Black licorice cardstock

Misc
- Clear embossing ink
- White embossing powder
- Glue dots
- Liquid glue


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Sakura white gel pen

1 commentaire: